Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SPECIAL RECOGNITION - Dad WINS the Subaru Challenge !!!

4K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  isaac_in_tx 
#1 ·
All-

It really is in the blood!

Yesterday, My Dad traveled to Ripkin Stadium to compete in the 2007 Subaru Challenge.

He came away with a victory in G Stock driving the #119 Subaru SVX. The car is 13 years old. Dad is 65 and just had 5 way by-pass surgery in June! He beat 7 other drivers that are less than HALF his age.

Sorry, but I have to give a BIG shout out to my Dad! [woot] [race] [headbang]

For the rest of the pictures (especially for all you STI window lickers...)

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/r_clas2/Subaru Auto X 2007/

YAY POP !!!! [woot]

See less See more
#7 ·
Congrats to your dad! I always thought those kind of Subi's looked pretty cool.

Emanuel

#12 ·
I THINK the Saab that competed was factored in as the only year that Saab and subies shared the same platform...

I'll pass on the congrats.

I am REALLY proud.

Dad has a great expression when it comes to events/situations like this...

"Old age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill..."

At least for yesterday, he could not be more RIGHT!!!

[thumb]

[werd]

#18 ·
Make no mistake, he's the mentor.

Some people are blessed with natural ability. My Dad is one of those people. I'm not. I have to learn, relearn and take the remedial class to get it.

*sigh* He tried so hard with me...

Thanks gang. After his bypasss surgery, he was a bit down in the dumps. Coming back like this has really revitalized him.

#20 ·
I tried...

He likes those quirky Batmobile windows...

He has TWO (2) SVX's sitting in his garage. The white one is the track car and the red is the show car.

It is CLEAN. Up until last year, he also raced the red car. I'll try and dig up a picture of the rest of the car, but here is the engine bay.

I would eat off of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.