Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Double Checking AutoX Classification

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  thenorm 
#1 ·
I read the rule book from front to back and I just wanted to double check my mods before I go racing. I'm looking for the H-Stock classification.
A-I removed my CAI, STS and Tower Strut bar.
B-This is what I have left on my foci
1) Focus Sport cat-back exhaust
2) Front H&R Sway Bar
3) SVT Pedals (Will I slide w/this?)
4) OEM Size Toyo Proxis Tires
5) RS Shifting Knob & Steering Wheel (Sure this dosen't matter)
So.........I figure I'm OK for the H-Stock Class, and If I leave my mods on, then I'm in to the STS Class, AM I READING THE BOOK CORRECTLY????[scratch]

Thanks all you autoxer's for the input!!

#6 ·
Not so fast...

Is the sway bar the stock dimension? If so, you should be fine.

If it is larger, that puts you in prepared (unless it is the same diameter as an SVT bar).

#7 ·
Hmmm.....I'm not sure? It says 24 for the size? Here's the H&R Link:

http://hrsprings.com/scripts/testappguide.php?Mode=Application+Guide2&SubMode=Find2&Year=2003&ModelID=182&q=2003%20|%20Ford%20|%20Focus

#8 ·
The front sway bar is a free modification in stock class, as I understand it... any change to the rear sway bar or the links is a class bump. Any DOT tire on the rim is fine, as long as the rim is the same width and diameter, and within 1/4" / 6mm of the OEM offset. Or is it 5mm?

#10 ·
I stand corrected.

Here is the section.

13.7 ANTI-ROLL (SWAY) BARS

A. For front anti-roll (sway) bars:

1. Substitution, addition or removal of any front anti-roll bars is
permitted.
2. Substitution, addition or removal of anti-roll bars may serve no
other purpose than that of an anti-roll bar.
3. The use of any bushing material is permitted.
4. No modification to the body, frame or other components to
accommodate anti-roll bar addition or substitution is allowed,
except for the drilling of holes for mounting bolts. Non-standard
lateral members which connect between the brackets for
the bar are not permitted.
B. Rear anti-roll (sway) bars may not be removed, replaced, or
modified in any way.

Looks like I have a few bucks to buy and advantage or two... [thumb]

#12 ·
^ Correct, no modifications - adding one in this case would constitute an addition.

I'm giving some thought to putting in adjustable front endlinks to reduce the effective front sway, to let the inside rear lift a little more on corner entry. It'd be a cheap way to change the roll balance, and way easier than threading a thinner FSB thru there....

#14 ·
I believe that would be prepared.

NOTE: FOR STOCK CLASSES ONLY (this discussion prompted me to go back)

A recent article that I read said that beefing up the front bar is more beneficial as it allows the car to put the power on the ground more effectively.

May Edition of SPORTSCAR Magazine. "Stock Tips for Autocross"

#21 ·
The Cooper S is G-stock, the regular ol' Cooper is H-stock, and both are currently understood to own their respective classes. There's some talk, apparently, of moving some or all years of the Cooper S to D-Stock, which as a G-stock driver, would be fine by me [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.