Focus Fanatics Forum banner

window smudge help

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  b16sir1991 
#1 ·
So.. when my window is wet, foggy or its raining there this huge smudge on the drivers side. extreamly hard to drive when its raining. its like its fogged but its not. it looks like a smear or like something one the window but ive cleaned the window i swear about 50 times and nothing. inside and out still it remains. its on the out side. its like something is on the window but you cant see it when the window is dry. it appears as like the window is fogged up when it is raining but its not fog its just a huge fog looking smear.

any help would be great, it really bothers me and im afrade it will cause a accident its hard to look threw like its dirty or something but it just wont go away. this weekend i have a long drive to make and it calls for rain. its really uncompterable to drive with it like this.

please help

#3 ·
^^ Definitly odd. Try using some Windex with a non-color print newspaper to wipe it with. Newspaper doesnt leave streaks. Make sure you get the inside of the window as well, my windows get like that sometimes.

#4 ·
ive cleaned inside and out just as you have told me and yet it still remains. my warrnty is still good. i took to ford and they got the window wet and saw the same as i did they cleaned it and it still remains. they say it could be the clear coat on the window that could have issues but that would cost them to fix it. im still hoping its just a cleaning problem.

any other ideas?

#6 ·
same damn problem was on my focus. It is silicone on the the winshield get some glass polish to clean it of, them make sure not to get car wash soap on the windshield. also to keep it clean use invisible glass.

#7 ·
did you buy your car used, if so, they my have had some paint or an adhesive sticker in the windsheild that left some residue. Even after cleaning my windows numerous times, I can still see the outline of the window sticker in my rear driver side window, and there is still outlines where they used that wipe off paint shit. It's only really noticeable when the windows fog up or rain. If so, try a little goo gone, on a terry cloth, just a little bit, that helped my sitch quite a bit.

#8 ·
turns out i use this rain X window cleaner to keep the windows water proof and it was just that wearing off in a really weird way. its never done that before but I probably need new wiper too but its all fixed :) thanks for the input tho guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.