Focus Fanatics Forum banner

leather seats

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dyn085 
#1 ·
I have been noticing that the little cracks and stitching in the leather seats of my car has started to collect all kinds of crap including crumbs and what not I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to cleaning in the cracks and stitching

#3 ·
I use a combination of a tooth brush to lightly scrub and a make-up blush brush for light dusting all interior cracks and crevices in the whole car. I also use Swiffers for dusting instead of Armor-All.

#4 ·
After you vacuum and lightly wipe your seat down, spray them liberally with a leather cleaner. After you spray them, use a brush to lightly agitate the cleaner into the surface. Then wipe clean. Repeat if necessary. Once clean, treat with leather conditioner. You should only have to do this twice a year. Use weekly vacuuming with a quick wipe down using a damp cloth (only water-no chemicals).

While there are brushes that are made and marketed for this, I simply use a boot brush that you can buy from Walmart (or wherever) for a couple of dollars. The bristles are light enough to not scratch the leather, but strong enough to agitate the dirt and bring it up. Do it one time and you'll never use anything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.