Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Black shiny tires?

20K views 66 replies 35 participants last post by  Winterstone 
#1 ·
What products have you used on your tires to keep them nice and black?

I am using Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel and I like it.

#4 ·
You really do not want any tire shine on your calipers or disc brake rotors.
you will kill your braking power getting any of those silicone type liquids, even a few drops, on your brake rotors.
The stuff gets on the rotors from sloppy spraying, then is transferred to the brake pads, and basically slippery up your pads so they do not work very well.
Just a comment and a heads up.

#24 ·
This is why, you use the applicators that are available. Not to mention, it makes cleaning the excess of the wheel a lot easier.

the only thing i dont like about the gel is that it tends to sling little black dots on my car right before where the door starts
Letting it flash will, prevent a lot of that. As well as, using thinner coats.

#9 · (Edited)

Ill get a picture of how it looks (after 2 weeks) tomorrow.

Edit: Picture 2 weeks after being applied: A few hundred miles and driving thru plenty of sprinkler run off

Water beads right up

New application. Not really any noticeable difference

Everyone using the spray on stuff - Spray it on the applicator you're using, not directly on the tire. You'll get a more even coat and like said above, you don't want to get it on your brakes.

#17 ·
I like the meguiers extreme tire shine, looks great, doesnt give that "wet" look after you wipe and it dries, and it smells like grapes! [grinking][grinking][grinking]

#25 ·
Need ur opinion, pls

Ive used several different tire blackeners, always applying in on a pad, and get good results with all the products. My problem is that the spinning tire seems to 'throw' off some of the tire dressing and it gets all over the side of the car, even if i use the dressing sparingly.

Are there any products that dont do this? Thnx

#31 ·
Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat. It's expensive, but easily lasts 2 weeks. All I do is wipe with water in between applications and it stays shiny.

Also if you let it sit for about an hour it dries wet looking and it won't spray onto your car when you drive.
Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 for your reading pleasure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.