Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What wax do you use?

27K views 91 replies 56 participants last post by  Benton14 
#1 ·
I've tried out a couple different waxes. Just curious as which everybody else has tried out and thought was good?

#4 ·
I've grown to like McGuiars paste waxes. Yes, it may be a bit more work than some, but I like the results for the most part. Never tried the clay bar though.
Only thing that sucks (and this applies to most paste waxes) is if and when you get it on a piece of dark plastic... it stains and really doesn't come out very well, if at all.

Luckily, with door handles on the Focus painted the same as the car, no longer is this really an issue on the new Focuses.

I never use the car wash wax stuff. Never. Just because I don't want to get it on the windows.

I do keep a bottle of liquid quick spray on wax though for touching up.

#8 ·
For the ambitious looking for depth and clarity who are willing to sacrifice durability - Pinnacle XMT series carnauba glaze then wax.
For those annoyed with white residue and an easy shine, there's nothing wrong with TW Ice
Personally, I use the pinnacle on most everything and TW on the wheels and rockers. With 125k on the clock, the TW hides the rash on the rockers quite well.

#15 ·
when i wanna really get into I clay it really good then Polish with cheap ol Nu finish then just go over with some Meguiars sealant wax 2.0 or whatever its called I also like the regular cleaner wax..i prefer liquid wax. clean micro fibers and good car soaps are key too!

#19 ·
Just got my Finish Kare 1000p in yesterday, applied a thin coat and I have to say how easy this stuff was to work with. Of course you have to be careful around trim but that's ok. The coat is slick to the touch, and I noticed a drastic difference in bug marks on the front of the car from driving down the highway. Stuff was worth the money!

#22 ·
Wax? Whats that?

Hands down, the BEST lsp i have EVER used. Its a sealer/wax, has all of the properties of a sealant, and contains a few different variations of carnuba as well. REALLY brings out the color, gives a nice DEEP, wet look.

Water beading is top notch, and the car is overall easier to clean.

For about 15 bucks a 9oz bottle(and figuring that roughly .5-1oz covers a car), its well worth it. Can be used on glass, and most importantly, on black plastic trim.

#25 ·
Wax? Whats that?

Hands down, the BEST lsp i have EVER used. Its a sealer/wax, has all of the properties of a sealant, and contains a few different variations of carnuba as well. REALLY brings out the color, gives a nice DEEP, wet look.

Water beading is top notch, and the car is overall easier to clean.

For about 15 bucks a 9oz bottle(and figuring that roughly .5-1oz covers a car), its well worth it. Can be used on glass, and most importantly, on black plastic trim.
I've been looking at the autopia.net forums and took a real good look at that 3D HD Uno/Poxy combo they have. Stuff seems very versatile and capable down to 1200, and then back to a finishing polish depending on pads used! That is definetly my next purchase. Been looking hard at the pinnacle, and possibly going back to my old favorite 1z Eniszette. The 3D stuff just seems to be the most value for the money to me.

#24 ·
Its definitely good stuff, there are a lot of pretty good products out there, thats for sure.

Next year im going to give the HD Nitro Seal a shot. Its a two part system, about 60 bucks for three ounces(OUCH) but its supposed to protect the paint for up to 18 months, and ive seen pictures of cars its been applied on, and it really makes the paint pop.

I just have to justify spending 60 bucks for three ounces of product lol.

#26 ·
im actually an auto collision student and my school supplies turtle wax 1 because it contains no silicones so it is body shop safe and doesnt leave oils on the car and 2 it leaves a great shine. many body shops and car guys around here also stich with the turtle paste wax. i also use eagle one wax-as-you-dry every time i wash my car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.