09-25-2006, 06:59 PM
I just received a test tune in the email today. I have the extreme tune software.
All 3 spots are filled on my xcal 1. Is the tune file supposed to be an .xtr file?
It wont let me delete one of the tunes that are already on it. Do i need to unlock to be able to delete one of the tunes from the box?
09-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Hmmm, Never been asked that before maybe some one will see this and answer for you
09-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Lets hope so. Im afraid to mess with it because i dont want to accidently erase some of my tunes that are on there.
09-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Xcal1 tune files are .xtr. Extreme tune will write over whichever program slot you tell it to. You don't delete them - you write over them.
09-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Is that not the same a a delete?
09-26-2006, 08:23 AM
Deleting the file would indicate you're leaving a hole.
Here's how you can pick the slot you want to fill.
1. Plug in your xcal 1 to your confuser.
2. Run up extreme tune, and set it for xcalibrator (not xcalibrator 2) (I'm using version 1.16)
3. Poke "Program xcalibrator" (or something like that).
4. Poke "read definitions"
5. From the definitions, figure out which slot you want to fill.
6. Overwrite the definition with a description of the tune you're going to put in that slot (ex. Tom's tune) and send the definitions to the Xcal
7. This is somewhat weird but it's what you have to do. Say you want to overwrite the third slot, you have to fill in the first two before you can get to the third slot. Thus fill in the first and second slots with the same tune (like Tom's tune) until you get to the third slot. At this point UNCHECK the slots you DON'T want to overwrite.
8. Poke "Program Xcalibrator".
9. If you have any things you need to change, such as tire size etc. make the changes.
10. Program the Xcal.
See, it's all perfectly intuitive and simple.
09-26-2006, 11:30 AM
What kind of file extension is ll3? Thats what it came as not an xtr, Can i rename it to xtr?
When i try to put the file in it says out of memory.
09-26-2006, 05:53 PM
No if you have a Xcal1 it has to be a .xtr from what i understand
09-26-2006, 06:53 PM
hmm, was the file you sent me not an xcal 1 file?
09-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I think i send a .ll3 file not a .xtr , Didnt know you had a Xcal1