: SVT Accident (thinking of selling).
04-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Had this fun experience about 3 weeks ago.
Sadly enough, I was just prepping the car to private sell or trade-in......What do you think I could get for the car as a salvage price?
2002 Focus SVT (3 door)
26,000 miles on engine
New Clutch (TSB) has 10k miles on it
Car Damage Report
rear side panels (both)
I could try to repair and sell, but I just want to be rid of it for now.
that should be repairable.. and it shoud be covered by whoever rearened you
and the price for the car in this condition - take the KBB/NADa price for fair condition, take out the price estimate for the repair and then some extra 2k for the buyer comfort.. that is your price... you will do well to have it fixed.
Selling it as a 'salvage' you'll get a very low value for the car, way lower then it's worth. Since you got rear ended (assuming) why isn't the other driver paying for the insurance? Why not do an insurance claim yourself? That'll be a hefty cost to get those repairs done, there's alot of damage there.....
04-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I got the estimate already and he is sending me a check for about half of the value of what the car is worth to get it repaired....i'm just sole searching on if i should just take the check and run with it.
04-27-2006, 11:40 AM
im surprised your insurance isnt just junking the car out.
04-27-2006, 11:45 AM
It's his insurance company handling it..They said there is no frame damage needing repair.
04-27-2006, 11:51 AM
just because there is no frame damage does not mean it shouldn't be salvaged. i have been to many dealer auctions before (off-lease vehicles) where new cars have been salvaged because of hail damage, minor roof damage, damage to roof pillars, etc. . . .
04-27-2006, 11:56 AM
yeah that shouldnt be counted as salvage
04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I dont' think i'll do well to get it fixed....I got my car appraised for trade-in to Mitsu and they were going to offer me 11k for it. I know for a fact if I repair the car in this condition I will not get 11k for it. So, I'm weighting my options on not getting it repaired.
so you will have some $6000 from the guy for repairs.. you will not get $6000 for the car in this condition IMO... the salvage value (maybe eBay) + the check mroe than 11k, jsut sell it .. otherwise you are throwing away money. Unless the difference is so small you do not care, I ould never throw away money.
04-27-2006, 12:10 PM
So Igor your verdict is to try to sell Salvaged? ...trying to figure out what your saying
I am saying... figure out the salvaged price... look on ebay and see what is the price difference between good and damage cars..
Maybe talk to a used car lot or something and figure out the price... since yo uare getting the check for the repairs, add its value to the quote yo uget on the damaged car and see what it comes up to.
If it is less than 11k, I would repair it.. if it close, or even, just sell it is it is and cash the check... do the match and see the result.
04-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Sorry about your trouble man, but it looks like a good reason to get some RS fenders as replacements to me. You'd have to get new ones welded in anyways.
04-27-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm in talks right now with someone from www.focussalvage.com
04-27-2006, 03:20 PM
What do you think a good price is for my vehicle "as is".
your starting point should be (at least IMO) set that the price plus your check from the guy that hit you will make it $11k.. if need be you can negotiate down from there.
04-27-2006, 03:59 PM
If i decide to keep it and get the repairs....would there be any hope in recieving anything from this?