02-01-2006, 09:55 AM
I discovered this petition, and many of you probably already have, but please take a moment and sign it. It can't hurt and who knows? Maybe Ford will take it into consideration. As far as I know, we'll be stuck with sub-par models on the C170 platform through the rest of the decade.
Here's the link:
If there are 30,000 mebers here (I'm member number 31,xxx), and if everybody signed it, we might see them doing something about it. So far, there are less than 150 signatures.
OK as an initiator of the most recent dead petition for Ford I will give you some info:
- 2008 Focus is designed and being tested.. it is FINISHED.. on C170 platform
- The current rumor/plan is to reunite the Focus family in 2010/11 with MKIII Focus... whi will of course not be C1 platform anymore...
- When you write petitions, please be polite to the adressee... being as crude as the petition you linked get you nowehere.
- you have 140 signatures... if you get to at least 10k Ford will listen
- contact Ford and ask how to deliver the petition, and whether they will even accept it.
- contact Tom or Admin and talk to him about FF endorsement... that can get you a sticky place etc... be nice.
Well, good luck. I will keep up with it, and will possibly sign, but at this point the Ford Focus is staying C170 for a while... BTW C1 is not much better than C170, it is the rest of the car where Us is screwed over - the Us Focus is cheaply built on a great platform (like Cobalt).. but the 2008 redesign is suposed to fix this and move Focus upmarketto fight Civic etc.
02-01-2006, 10:38 AM
This isn't my petition. I just found it while searching for info on the MK2, and thought I'd pass it along because people seem to be interested in the ST here. I apologize if I offended anyone.
I see.. I didn;t mean to prtray, that I am offended, or offend you... I just wanted to post what I learned, trying to get people to sign....
Fj has several people with deep contacts in FoMoCo... they pretty much stole my thunder... [:)]
But this guy got firther than I ever got...