06-18-2010, 03:05 PM
I was wondering about buying replacement energy suspension bushings for the bottom/back STOCK motor mount. Im just wondering what you guys think about it is it hard to replace them. Should I just try to get stock bushing. Any suggestions and comments will be appretiated.
06-18-2010, 03:19 PM
They aren't too terribly hard to replace. I believe somewhere that is a how-to ... I will see if I can find it. Or someone will post it before I do.
You will get a bit more vibration. So, if your Mounts are shot at the moment, and don't want some vibration after getting new ones. I would go stock. As a daily this would get annoying for me.
Aside from the vibration at idle, I love the feel of Poly Mounts. I have a regular daily to keep me away from the vibrations 6 days week.
06-18-2010, 04:17 PM
I have them in my daily mount. Not super hard to preplace. Much easier if you have a table mount clamp/vice. I used that as my "press" to press them in. A little bit of water for slight lube properties and worked them in with the clamp.
I don't get nearly the vibrations i did with the vf mount i had.
06-19-2010, 11:27 PM
mine was fairly easy. just be careful if not using a press. getting the old one out i split the mount and had to pull one at the wreckers. overall worth the 32 cad i paid, yes. just might want to bump he idle alittle afterwards.
for getting it out i had a hoist probably made it easier but steps would be.
1.)raise/ support car
2.) use a peice of wood and a jack to slightly jack up the engine/ trans (i used around the bell housing)
3.) lossen bolts using a ratchet/wrench (13mm i think)
4.) take mount out (this involved wigling it back and forth while moving the engine a bit)
can clamp in vise and beat with a hammer (wouldn't recommend) or use a press. then use a vise or the press to put in the new bushings in then put in the metal sleeves.
i removed the bracket and put the dog bone in it then wiggled the big bushing in place then used a gear wrench to tighten that bracket. wiggle things around to line up the bolts tighten to torque spec and drive. with going to the wreckers getting a new mount it took me about 1.5 hours. if i didnt have to get a mount.. probably 45min to a hour.
06-19-2010, 11:45 PM
had my energy inserts now for like 90k miles...still working as good as new.