10-10-2003, 12:11 AM
the auto locks that lock when u drive a few feet really annoy me! i have an F150 that also has this feature. in the owners manual it told how to disable this feature. i looked all through my focus manual and couldnt find ne thing on this. does anyone know how to disable the autolocking?
10-10-2003, 12:58 AM
why would you want to? i dont even notice it anymore. and its kinda safe ya know?
10-10-2003, 02:07 AM
not reaslly if someone stole u'r car and u wanna get in! well also not to mention you have to remember to re-unlock the doors to let u'r friends in when u drive down the block to pick emup! meh I dunno its good yet bad
PS: sorry didn't answer q...dunno how to shut it off...most fords are the same though try the manuals way in the f150 book it'll prob work...when I went to get my third key7 made cause I gonna get remote start and still want 2 keys, the guy who programed it said it was the weirdest car yet, everything as still the same with the put in first key, start car, second key start car, third key start car, but you have to have the doors locked and the seatbelt on to do it...no other fords like that...maybey if you tweek the f-150 auto disable thing it'll work somehow...just a suggestion
10-10-2003, 02:40 AM
There is a way to do it. It's on Focus hacks web site.
It's listed under the misc. section.
10-10-2003, 06:17 PM
I had to do this after being locked out of my SVTF. I parked the car and closed the doors, 20 seconds later... doors go click...with the Fing keys in the ignition. We were getting ice cream and planned to be only a few feet away from the car, so I saw no reason to take my keys WRONG. I called road-side and they bailed my dumb ass out. The very next day I was in the car reading the manual on how to dis-able auto lock feature. Yes, it is in there right in the section about keys and door locks.
10-10-2003, 06:53 PM
huh???? iv looked thru that manual a dozen times. either i was looking too hard & overlooked it or its not in the 2000 manual.
10-11-2003, 02:54 AM
I believe the '03 and up(?) let you disable it with some sequence of things (like the seat belt reminder). The earlier ones require a physical fix. You have to cut a wire near the computer. This hack also lets you use the keyless entry while the car is running.
Check it out.
10-11-2003, 12:54 PM
ah ok. My wife drives an 02 ZTS and it tells how in her om. I followed those directions and nothing! bah humbug. i guess i'll either live with it or do the mod mentioned earlier in this thread. i can however disable hte seatbelt minder. it tells how in my 2000 ownersman. thanks for hte help guys.
11-17-2003, 09:54 PM
This worked on my 2002 SE Wagon.
The enable/disable mode is entered when the following series of steps is performed:
1. Confirm that the perimeter alarm is disarmed.
2. Close all doors.
3. Confirm that the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
Note: Steps 4 through 8 must be performed within 30 seconds.
4. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
5. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
6. Turn the ignition switch from RUN to OFF.
7. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button three times.
8. Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN.
9. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn. This indicates that the RAP module is now in the enable/disable mode and ready to accept program changes.
10. Press the power door lock UNLOCK button one time to command the RAP module to toggle the autolock/relock feature ON or OFF.
11. Press the power door lock LOCK button once to enter the command.
12. Verify that the vehicle horn chirps one time to signal the RAP module confirmation of the command. There should only be one chirp indicating that the autolock/relock feature has been disabled. If one chirp is heard, followed by a longer honk, the autolock/relock feature has just been enabled. Return to step 10.
13. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position to exit the enable/disable mode.
14. Verify that the RAP module chirps the horn once to indicate that a feature has been changed.