Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Strange wheel noise

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  slowfocusboi 
#1 ·
I was driving home today with my passenger window open when I noticed a clicking noise coming from my forward passenger side wheel. Lately, my ride has been vibrating at about 55 mph too...anyone have any ideas?

#3 ·
Had almos the same problem, but with another care [Toyota Tercel]. I first checked my wheel allignment to see if the rims were rubbing on anything. Checked if the bolts were on correctly and whatnot. But that wasnt the problem, I looked at the rotors and the brake's seemed fine. So that wasnt the problem. Finally found out that it was my wheel bearing, it was warn. If you do alot of driving with your SPI check your bearings or lub them up.

#5 ·
quick test, jack up the front of the car, check the wheel/tire for verticle/horizontal movement.

then reach under the car and pull on the half shaft and check for movement and clicking. also take a look at the boots.

being a 2000, i would doubt it would have anything to do with the axles.

#10 ·
ess2s2 said:
I was driving home today with my passenger window open when I noticed a clicking noise coming from my forward passenger side wheel. Lately, my ride has been vibrating at about 55 mph too...anyone have any ideas?

had the exact same problem...it was the rod i believe, if u have a warranty take it to the dealership if not take it to a mechanic... mine was clicking bc it was worn down pretty good so id recommend that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.