Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2003 LX Sedan

925 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  neojen 
G
#1 ·
I wish I wasn't feeling desperate when I bought my car and I wouldn't have let the salesman talk me into my LX instead of the ZTec :( Damn it... Anyway, I've learned the price of ignorance I think but still hope that you all can help me out.
Is it possible to get my weenie 110 hp and 125 lbs torque up to be able to compete with ztec zx 3 and 5 cousins? How much would a cold air intake, new muffler (not new headers... least not yet) going to do for me? Couple hp at most? Besides as far as I can tell it basically has a nice cold air intake already... scoop for airfilter goes straight out the grill me thinx... isn't that basically a cold air intake? I dunno... some1 help me please. Suggestions and advice welcome.

#4 ·
An intake, exhaust, throttle body, header, and some pullies should do a nice bit of power gains.. and still not be anything thats too costly.. I only have an intake and exhaust.. Im waiting and hopefully I can get pullies.. I hear they make nice gains.. on the LX decision, I didnt get a decision at all, or I wouldve went with the little ZX3 at the end of the dealer, but mother went with the sedan, with the spi.. so close..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.