Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Cheap HP Boost?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  crazy_urn 
#1 ·
Hey All,
Is there a cheap way to get a HP boost on an SPI. I was thinking of upgrading spark plugs and wires. does this make a differance and is there anything else you can suggest that may help.
thanks, Urn

#4 ·
Are the parts on those links easy to install for a mechanically inept noob such as myself. also, do they have a significant effect on gas milage?

#6 ·
Looks like that air intake is going on my to-do list. but for $ reasons it will probably have to wait till january. thank you for the help. just one more quick question, will the new intake void my factory warranty?

#8 ·
It is just as good to get an intake off of ebay a shorty and buy a k&n cone filter that fits...this will give u a noticeable boost...i have a 2.25 magnaflow cbe and a shorty intake w/ k&n cone filter. I love it i am planning on getting udps next after i sell my wing... let me know what u decide to do...

#9 ·
thanks for all your help guys. looks like i will be getting an intake around the first of the year. then i will probably work on interior mods for a while. why drive something you cant be proud of [thumb]. thanks all, and i will let you know what happens

#10 ·
About the intake.. the cheap ones off ebay are actually pretty darn good.. I got one of there when I first got my focus and after I bolted it on one afternoon, it made a noticeable power gain and gave the car a better get up and go attitude, even though its an automatic.. so look on there for one.. I believe my intake only costed like $50 total with shipping and all that.. well worth it.. I want some UDPs.. geez.. minium wage sucks..

#11 ·
if you think minimum wage sucks, try paying for college while working minimum wage. i tried that, didnt work. lol.

thanks for the heads up on ebay intakes, i will have to check that out.

have you noticed any change in fuel efficiency with your intake?

#13 ·
crazy_urn said:
if you think minimum wage sucks, try paying for college while working minimum wage. i tried that, didnt work. lol.

thanks for the heads up on ebay intakes, i will have to check that out.
I have a BOMZ intake and I love it. Do be extremely careful when driving in rain. Get the AEM bypass valve. If not and you drive in a hard rain or a deep puddle you WILL injest water into your engine. Water+combustion chamber=BAD

I'd love to be in your shoes for a bit, URN. I have a 16 year old I'm teaching to drive, a 14 year old going on 40, and a 4 year old daughter that thinks she's a princess. Add to that two mortgages, two car paymants, outrageous insurance (see above 16 year old reference), and am remodeling a house to boot. Doesn't seem quite so bad now, does it?[;)]

#14 ·
thanks for the input waterboy.

your right, your financial status does seem to be worse then mine.

does anyone else find it ironic that the point you are currently in your life always seems to be the hardest. no matter where you are, you either want to be older or younger. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.