Focus Fanatics Forum banner

throttle body question

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ptownfocus 
#1 ·
hey i dont know a whole lot about engines lol but heres a question...

is this stuff true? its off a site advertising this throttle body:

"This BDR Throttle Body is designed for 2000 and newer SPI equipped Ford Focus. It will give your SPI Focus faster throttle response and improved acceleration. It also has a larger mouth so you can use any Zetec after-market air intake. The body and linkage are completely CNC machined from 6061 billet aluminum to exacting tolerances. The shaft is machined from stress-proof steel for increased durability. The 60mm butterfly is machined from virgin brass which provides a precise fit and function. It also has larger than stock, sealed bearings for smooth action. Installation is a fast and simple 20-30 minutes. It has a 3.25" diameter mouth, which requires the use of a factory Zetec intake tube or any Zetec after-market air intake. A slight modification to the factory cable bracket is necessary for proper installation. A new gasket and all the necessary hardware and instructions are included."

that true? if so im gonna look into getting one of those cuz it looks like that would open the doror too a fewa more mods.

#3 ·
yea it will open up for a few more mods but you can get the iceman intake with an adapter from myfordperformance.com from ray you can still leave the stock intake in and the iceman will fit in there but its up to you if i was you i would get the t/b then intake the some cam gears

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.