Focus Fanatics Forum banner

spark plug wires

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  johngyver 
#1 ·
which plug wires are recomended. 'code' said ford double plats, i think. said they were the best. Am i right? where do you purchase? need new coil pack? spark plugs? what are the recomendations?

#2 ·
i know many people who have the firepower ignition...which is a screamin deamon coil pack and livewires...it runs about 150 shipped. i happen to be receiving a spare one (brand new) in the next week if anyone is interested in buying? lol. though i would plug myself. sorry to jack the thread. but yea, the site i see it on is either myfordperformance.coim from performance distributors. peace.

#5 ·
yea the wires are for the 2.0L Zetec or the SVT engine...i have a PZEV so i am not able to use them...so i don't think it would work on the SPI. I am not sure though, maybe someone who has an SPI would know, i don't see how it would be that different. peace. and if anyone is interested, just PM me

#7 ·
I just did an upgrade with my wires. I went with the Ractive 9mm yellow "triple magnetic core" wires. I also have ordered a set of Denso Iridium Spark Plugs which should be on the car within a week. The Denso Denso Iridium Spark Plugs are supposed to be the best. They cost me $50 just for 4 plugs so they better be worth it!

I am looking at buying the Screamin Demon coil;. I listed a post to get some feedback from some of the other guys in the forum on it. I hope to get some great feedback on the coil!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my 2 cents since I am doing the same upgrades as you.

#8 ·
I just put on last night autolite double plats with focus sport wires. Run's good (see my last post under broke an engine cover bolt)

I don't see spending $50 on plugs, you're not going to get that big of gain/bang for the buck.

#9 ·
We have the SPI... any gain for the bucks helps! If I could throw a hampster under the hood for a gain I probably would! .... Just kidding, I love animals too!

From what I have read is the Iridium plugs are better due to smooth idle and strong response. The difference would be about $25 from plats to Iridium which is very little in the whole scheme of things. The Iridiums have a 250,000 mile life which also is twice the life of plats. More HP, longer life.... Iridiums may be worth considering.

Now if I can find a coil to match I think I'd be very happy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.