Focus Fanatics Forum banner

25% udp

640 views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  crazy_urn 
#1 ·
what kinda power increase can i expect with a 25%udp? what would it do to my accesories? would it kill them all? (air-cond...etc)? thanks

#2 ·
i am not an all knowning expert so take this with a grain of salt..
(the all knowing experts will be along soon, lol)

From everything i have read, you are looking at a slight hp increase (i have not seen dyno tests but i think its like 5-8 hp, or something to that effecrt) and improved responce with the UDP. It will effect your ac, but not kill it. from what i understand the AC will not run as cold as it does stock. from everything i have read, this is a worthwhile mod.

#4 ·
to the best of my knowledge the ac is the only thing that there is a noticable effect in.

one more thought...
from what i have heard, the UDP is one of the more aggrevating installs (atleast from the posts i have seen about the zetec udp), so make sure you review a how-to before you attempt this.

#7 ·
where can i see a how to? is there one on this site? i am an extreme novice, but want to do alot by my-self to learn. also what is a good price for a udp. and is 25% the best for a daily driver?

#9 ·
bdr has it for 99. but i was not looking new. i know a guy who has an extra, picked up for another friend that fell through, and is selling it to me if i want. it was used for aprox 10,000 miles. what is the life on a udp? it is $60 if i want it, good deal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.