Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Dash/Center Console Rebuild...

957 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  imFOCUStman 
#1 ·
I can not stand the inside of the focus so im going to spice it up a little bit and connect the dash to the center console. However, there is one problem, the shifter blocks alot of "potential screen space" [;)] and I was wondering how i would go by setting the shifter back a few inches or should i just find a transmission shop?

#3 ·
You can do whatever you want if you have the money. Have you considered one of those big a$$ flip down screens? I feel you on that dead space, although I admit I would DIE without my cupholders. Bottom line is this: If you have the cash, and the determination, you can find someone who will do it. Just be sure its a reputable place and you trust them.

#5 ·
you want to literally move the shifter back several inches?

i believe you would have to move the entire transmission back a few inches. which will definatly be more headache then it is worth.

#7 ·
he doesn't need to move the shifter back a few inches does he for real? i mean, couldn't he just rig up something to connect to the stock shift rod? regardless, i totally want to see pictures. this is a HUGE undertaking. one question though: why buy the car if the center console bugs you so much?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.