Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FocusSport Exhaust

624 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ferraristyle 
#1 ·
I want to install the FocusSport exhaust on my SPI but it says this on the website:

Note:
This product requires you to cut the OE system off for this product's installation. Our system is a complete bolt-on system that requires no welding.

My problem is the cutting part. I only have simple hand tools and a dremel so I'm wondering what I have to cut? Also how can it be a "bolt on" if you have to "cut"?

Anybody with answers, pics, or install writeups? Please let me know. Thanks!

#3 ·
Any pics of this or write-ups?

#4 ·
yes ford welded the stock one as one piece, to salvage it you have to remove you rear axle, but ususally people just cut in front of the tire, take off the muffler, and the other piping. the exhaust is a bolt on, from the cat to the middle where a another part(the end tip and pipe) bolt to. you just slide the end part into the openings and bolt it together( a lift will help alot).....good luck

#5 ·
Since I really haven't looked at it, let me see if I understand this.

I would unbolt the old exhaust at the cat and bolt on the new one there. Simple plug and play.

However, since it's one piece from the cat forward I actuall have to cut the exhaust pipe in two to be able to remove it. Is this right? Please confirm.

If so, no prob I can handle that. Although I don't have a lift I'll use some jack stands....should be good enough as long as I can get my hack say under there

#6 ·
im not positive if the exhausts are all the same onall foci, but i know for the SVT you have to cut either before or after the rear suspension to get the pip out with taking it apart, because of the exhaust setup...simple hack saw will do the trick in a minute or two...then just unbolt from the cat, and take your exhaust off the hangers, and hang your new one, and you-be-stylin

#7 ·
SWEET....I'm going to order it today along with a set of new spark wires. Soon I'll be done with this car....for the time being:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.