Focus Fanatics Forum banner

down pipes?

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Sohcrev 
#1 ·
this has probably been covered befor but, are there any down pipes that are legal and can handle the heat from shorty headers?

#3 ·
I don't think any down pipe is legal. They are designed to eliminate the cat. You can pick one up at myfordperfomace.com . I put one on my spi With the shorty header and I noticed a nice increase through the power band. You will need a O2 cheater harness which u could pickup at newedgeperformance.com to take care of the check engine light.

G
#6 ·
Sohcrev said:
sweet. can you tell they are illegal by the sound? thanks. i'll probably do that. you dont mind if i copy what you did right?
Eliminating the catalytic converter on ANY 4 cylinder motor is gonna make it painfully obvious that your car is not legal. Its gonna make your car LOUD AS HELL!!

At WOT you can expect a nice high pitched and ground shaking event. lol

#13 ·
i know they have a universal one, but i'm looking for a high performance down pipe w/cat. if i cant i will go with a off- road pipe but i dont wanna use a silencer. and i dont think one will fit on a magna flow exhaust. would a flex pipe for a zetec work at all for a spi?

G
#15 ·
Sohcrev said:
i know they have a universal one, but i'm looking for a high performance down pipe w/cat. if i cant i will go with a off- road pipe but i dont wanna use a silencer. and i dont think one will fit on a magna flow exhaust. would a flex pipe for a zetec work at all for a spi?
No the zetec flex will not work.

The ABSOLUTE only way you are gonna get a high flow cat on an SPI focus is to have one custom made.

There are no more questions after that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.