Focus Fanatics Forum banner

PCV Valve on teh SPI.. - finally found it.

11K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Code415 
#1 ·
It took a while, but I finally found the PCV valve on the SPI.

If you got to get a new valve, dont go to autozone or pepboys or whatever, they dont have the part on their computers.. I looked.

The motorcraft part number for the SPI is EV-262.
Atleast that is what it was for my 2000 SPI.

Now the stock PCV valve looks different from the motorcraft replacement. The old valve has a nice triangular cover on both sides on the inside (sorta like a shield i would say.. its kinda weird) but the new one is open on the inside. However this is the part and i checked with galpin ford. It might look differnet.. but its the part.

My stock part was working alright (i shook it and it rattles) but i decided to replace the valve just in case - i was trying to track down this weird vibration on my car during idle.. basically a rough idle.

WARNING: Make sure you check your rubber hose that goes from the PCV valve to the Intake.. I have to replace mine - the rubber is worn out and is colapseing when I start the engine.

To find the SPI PCV valve, look on your valve cover. On the left side of the valve cover is a tube, this IS NOT your PCV valve , though you would assume it to be. This runs to the PCV filter / Breather filter inside your stock airbox.

The actual PCV valve is on the top right of the valve cover. If you look at your oil filler hole, go north from there on the valve cover and then go east. You will run into it. It is covered under the other tube that runs from the other side of the valve cover. Basically its on the top right side of your valve cover. You will find it.

To take it off:

1) Detach the PCV hose from the PCV valve. Should be a large hose going to the intake manifold.
2) Rotate the PCV valve counterclockwise.
3) Pull the PCV valve from the valve cover.
4) To install, reverse the removal procedure.

I highly suggest checking that tube that runs from the PCV valve to the intake.. I have to now replace that bloody tube... I just happened to check before installing my PCV valve and noticed that the tube shrinks when i start the engine.. it shouldnt shrink..

Actually check all your tubes.. to make sure nothing is cracked and stuff..

I got 69K on mine, and I just replaced teh PCV valve, i dont know when it was to be replaced, or if it needed replacing, but i went ahead just in case.

See less See more
G
#3 ·
waterboy said:
Did that solve your problem? Just wondering. Mine idles kinda rough. Could be the bigger injectors or the solid motor mount though. Just wondering if it made a difference.

Jim
I dont think either you or myself will ever see a normal idle. Mine is set at almost 900rpms and it still rattles. I think imma set it for 1000-1100.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.