Focus Fanatics Forum banner

just installed a Bomz Racing muffler

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  juno321 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I just installed a Bomz Racing muffler on my 2000 spi. I have the focus-central shorty header and the down pipe running 2 1/2 from the flex pipe to the muffler. After the install I cranked it up and it has a real nice deep tone. But the strange part is when I took off I didn't feel that jult I had b 4. Feels like I lost some power. Can anybody explain why? I figured I might not have enough back pressure. The inlet on the miffler is 2 1/2 anth the exit is 4 in.

G
#3 ·
Well...did you feel any gain in top end power?

You would be amazed at how a simple mod like that will bump up your power band.

With my mods my engine is all top end. My car likes to take a minute to gather its thoughts on the bottom end.

#5 ·
And the really strange part is she hits about 95mph and does not want to go any faster. I put new plugs in, 9mm wires, cold air intake. IT may be time for a timing belt change to. It has 89000 miles. But in its better days it hit 110 easy.

G
#6 ·
juno321 said:
And the really strange part is she hits about 95mph and does not want to go any faster. I put new plugs in, 9mm wires, cold air intake. IT may be time for a timing belt change to. It has 890000 miles. But in its better days it hit 110 easy.
I think its time you took ALL your plugs back out....and re-install EVERYTHING!! Sounds like something has gone awry.

Also...get that timing belt and accessory belt changed. I did mine at 70k and OMG it made such huge difference in the smoothness of idle and WOT!

#7 ·
well see I did that to. I checked The firing order, the gap of the plugs, and made sure the wires were not grounding. Checked the cold air intake to for leaks. Everything looks real good. But the timing belt idea sounds reasonable. I have not even checked the timing.

#11 ·
first of all, check fluids!!! replace the timing belt, and try doing the swab mod, ask waterboy about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.