Focus Fanatics Forum banner

IMRC Actuator Mod

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Dogmaiwli 
#1 ·
Can it be done as described, would it make a difference, how would you do it??

Click here: http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=404227
and read the paragraph under update

or below

I performed the IMRC Actuator Mod. I'll explain... The SOHC Focus' Have 8 valves. Due to lack of power, auxillary(or secondary) valves kick in at 3500 rpms. It's alot like Honda's VTEC. What I did was I removed the imrc actuator that makes the aux valves kick in, I manually put the lever in the open position, so now the secondary valves are always on!! My acceleration went through the roof!! A guy tested the mod at the track, and it shaved a second off his 1/4 mile!!! I'm really glad I spent the time to do this. If there are any other focus owners with the sohc spi, drop me a line and i'll tell you how to do it.

#5 ·
hey waterboy... have you posted a how to for the swab mod somewhere? i have always heard of it, but never seen it.

there are a couple other forums that could use the info, if you do not mind me sharing.

G
#7 ·
My acceleration went through the roof!! A guy tested the mod at the track, and it shaved a second off his 1/4 mile!!!
That is fundamentally impossible.

Keeping the secondaries open will affect low end acceleration ALOT...but then the car does not have that kick you get at 50-55mph. The car makes no more power then it did before.

#8 ·
Funny, mine IS faster at the track with the SWAB. I won't argue with you, I don't need to. Try it. If you don't like it, so be it and return it to the way it was. Either way you're not out anything as it's a free mod. There are quite a few happy people who have this mod and are quite content to keep it.

G
#9 ·
waterboy said:
Funny, mine IS faster at the track with the SWAB. I won't argue with you, I don't need to. Try it. If you don't like it, so be it and return it to the way it was. Either way you're not out anything as it's a free mod. There are quite a few happy people who have this mod and are quite content to keep it.
Oh I am not arguing with you about it being faster.

No way can you pick up a full second at the track. Running at the track all variables come into play such as off the line power.

[:eek:)]

#14 ·
Ok on the Plug there are 4 Wires Green/White stripe
White/Purple Stripe
Black/White Stripe
Black/White Stripe

Which ones do I tap into to add the switch?

Both the Blacks RIght?

And I am using a computer AT Powersupply Switch and some Telefone Cord that I have stripped. The at switch should handle the amperage right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.