Focus Fanatics Forum banner

any performane mod i deas

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Code415 
#1 ·
ok hi everybody im new on here just got my new 2004 focus se with an spi yeah one cam but ohh well still better than a civic right well im looking for more power and need some suggestions from other focus owners ok i got the cold air intake and my exhaust is done already i want maybe my cams done and the internals of the engine anyone know of any parts for these please send a message to me. hey and remember GO fORD OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
i have an 04 lx..base of the base, manual everything, as i like it, it has the spi engine in it, look at your owners manual, and it shoudl have the spi still shown in there.

#7 ·
performance ideas:

fill your tank with 100% alcohol
install a twin turbo system running 40 psi (with an intercooler ofcourse)
engine swap for the 600 hp enzo ferrari engine
install two wet/dry 100 shot nitrous systems and activate them at the same time
build a jet into your trunk
pour a 2 litre bottle of coca-cola into your opponents gas tank before you race him
strip car off al paneling, seats, consoles etc. to reduce weight

G
#8 ·
audiobahnana said:
04' SE comes with a zetec

all the COI i know of for focus need a 60mm throttle body of the zetec, and you have to get one and put it on the SPI before the COI will fit

i think you have a zetec :p
Actually you can use a zetec intake with the stock throttle body...all you need is a reducer hose and clamps to get the job done. But a 60mm tb does not hurt.

Just start with any of the boltons man. DO IIIIIT!!!

#11 ·
Code415, you mentioned that it was not necessary to get the 60mm TB? Really? I have an 02 SPI Sedan SE, and I'm sort of on a budget. I plan to get the TB as well, but as a short term thing, I would be okay without it, even with an aftermarket COI? Also, do you know what the combined power increase will be wit hthe 60mm TB and the AEM COI? Thanks

G
#12 ·
mgefantom said:
Code415, you mentioned that it was not necessary to get the 60mm TB? Really? I have an 02 SPI Sedan SE, and I'm sort of on a budget. I plan to get the TB as well, but as a short term thing, I would be okay without it, even with an aftermarket COI? Also, do you know what the combined power increase will be wit hthe 60mm TB and the AEM COI? Thanks
I am not real sure of the combined power increase...maybe 4hp...maybe.

Also if you live in a city where it rains and/or floods alot you are gonna regret getting that CAI from AEM.

Putting an intake on there is a step in the right direction for power. However, putting on a new throttle body does little for power gains. Instead it helps TREMENDOUSLY with throttle response.[thumb]

#13 ·
hey thanks for the ideas especially yours audiobanna and yeah i got a spi everyone and its an 04 focus se so anyways i was wonder of bigger gains in power like cams forged pistons like i would like to set it up for nos of coarse but anyone know of anyone who sells these parts or anyone who could make them for me im in canada and yeah please anyone get back with any web sites or shops that will do it for thanks .... ohh yeah hey honda vetec this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G
#14 ·
im_focused_man said:
hey thanks for the ideas especially yours audiobanna and yeah i got a spi everyone and its an 04 focus se so anyways i was wonder of bigger gains in power like cams forged pistons like i would like to set it up for nos of coarse but anyone know of anyone who sells these parts or anyone who could make them for me im in canada and yeah please anyone get back with any web sites or shops that will do it for thanks .... ohh yeah hey honda vetec this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First off its vtec and nitrous.

Second...building the motor is not gonna net you anymore power then you have right now. Most of the parts you would need to get for the build are gonna be custom.

Now, changing your cam and porting/polishing/milling your cylinder head is whats gonna let you gain the most power. It will also let your motor rev up past 7000rpms depending on what cam you get. You will need a chip to remove the stock rev and speed limiter also.

The best quick bang for the buck is gonna be nitrous. You can have a nice NA motor that will take a 50-75hp wet shot of nitrous. Nitrous also responds well to mild changes in compression.

#15 ·
hey bro thanks for the info and nos and nitrous are the same thing and yeah vtec sorry typo but anyways thanks i know that the power gains from internals are not power adders but have you ever seen a stock piston after using nitrous in the engine its not cool that why i wanna go forge but anyways thaks

G
#16 ·
im_focused_man said:
hey bro thanks for the info and nos and nitrous are the same thing and yeah vtec sorry typo but anyways thanks i know that the power gains from internals are not power adders but have you ever seen a stock piston after using nitrous in the engine its not cool that why i wanna go forge but anyways thaks
A correctly installed nitrous kit is no more harmful to an engine than adding an intake and exhaust. As long as you dont abuse the privilege of having nitrous then your motor will be no more worse for wear.

I have seen motors last through hundreds of trips down the track on the bottle and the pistons and valves all looked like new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.