Focus Fanatics Forum banner

question about focussport Cai

923 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Sohcrev 
#1 ·
ok i notice that when u go to buy the focus sport cai it says it fits the spi/zetec/SVT

so could i buy this intake, then down the road get my 60mm TB and it still fit?

#4 ·
My advice would be to just save your money until you can get the 60mm TB. I thought about doing the same thing your doing, and after researching and asking came up with a very good recommendation on the Volant. Plus think about your end result. For me, it was sound and a good HP gain. You'll probably pick up about 1 or 2 hp from the FS intake or 3-5 w/ the volant. Both are not big gains, however where you're really going to see the difference is letting the car breath better with the 60mm vs the 50mm.

The only thing I don't like about the 60mm is you have to notch out the standard bracket which means I have to take it to a machine shop. More of an inconvienane then anything, but probably like you, I just want to get the thing on and then start going faster!!!!!

#6 ·
the TB has no affect on the Cool Flo. If you were upgrading the MAF to a 70mm, then you would have to modify the CoolFlo. The TB attaches to your intake manifold, induction tubing to the MAF, and MAF to your intake filter box or other aftermarket "intake" like the CoolFlo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.