Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New menber with questions

536 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  focusin 
#1 ·
Hi all.
I'm new to this forum and have a question.

I've wanted a focus since they were first introduced and finally got one about two years ago. Mine is a 2001, 2L spi, sedan, SE trim. It is a daily driver that I put about 675 miles a week on. Half of my travel time is spent at speeds of 75 mph+. Gas mileage is important, but some times you need to kick it in the ass, if you know what I mean.

I've done several searches and read numerous post and I have a question about TB's. I'd like to put a 60 mm TB on my car, but from what I've read, I also need a zetec intake. My question is, What is meant by intake? I've seen several post where people are calling the tube going from the TB to the filter box as the intake. I'm from the old school fellas' where an intake is what your carb connects to.

#2 ·
Your stock intake is a black tube from your TB to your filter box. And about the Zetec intake you can either get a stock one from a junk yard or you could get a standard aftermarket intake or even cold air intake, that will help you kick it in the ass a little harder too.

oh yea, welcome [hihi]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.