Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Exhaust Options

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  natdaddy 
#1 ·
[B)] [driving]Hey What's up? I was wondering about the exhaust sytems that are available. You see I don't really want that chrome ehaust look. I would love to see a flat black one available for the focus. I know that they make them in different colors, but aren't those mainly huge tips that are way louder then the for focus only sytems? I do plan on getting one but i don't want a real loud one and chrome doesn't appeal to me. My focus is grey. Plan on getting gun-metal rims or black ones [17-inch enkei GF1] and avoid chrome if i can. I am considering on getting the magnaflow cat-back kit by STEEDA. Are there a lot of other exhausts for us?

#4 ·
Here a couple methods you could try
Option 1
1. FS Exhaust system
2. Black Heat [spray] Paint
3. Paint Exhaust [black of course]

Option 2
1. Go to ebay buy a universal can
2. Black Heat [spray] paint
3. Paint CAN [black of course]
4. Weld CAN to existing exhaust sytem

Option 3
1. Black Heat [spray] paint
2. Exhaust tip from autozone
3. Paint Exhaust tip
4. Apply tip to existing tail piping.

Hope this helps. Dont know why you want to go black, but whatever floats your boat.

#8 ·
microtonal said:

If you don't want a loud exhaust, get a magnaflow catback.
LOL that's what i thought, but i slapped a magnaflow on there and damn its loud...i was actually kinda hoping it would be since i put 3" w/ duals, but at least it doesnt roar like the flowmasters =)

#9 ·
PinkFreek said:
LOL that's what i thought, but i slapped a magnaflow on there and damn its loud...i was actually kinda hoping it would be since i put 3" w/ duals, but at least it doesnt roar like the flowmasters =)
3"? damn thats pretty big, i would think you would actually get better froma 2.5 or at least a 2.75" i would think the exhaust got too cold and actually reduces performance, ar at least at stock rating. but if you just want the look, why didnt you just buy a good tip?

#10 ·
Magnaflow Sound

I don't want an exhaust that sounds like p00! So I looked for sounds from an exhaust already on a Focus and I found some here.

Granted that it's hard to record sound from an exhaust, does the MagnaFlow really sound like that, or does it sound alot better live? Cause the sound clips from MagnaFlow's site kinda sound like p00!

#11 ·
teh magnaflow sounds nice, especially with an intake...my exhaust sounds nothiung like the one form teh web site but i do have the magnaflow...

not loud when i am in 4th and 5th gear, but when i down shift to second or third, or take off of the line u know its there...

i love it and i ahve it for everyday driving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.