Focus Fanatics Forum banner

mk2 electric window problems

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  road.ripper 
#1 ·
I have an 09 mk2, coupe

the drivers electric window has a problem.
It moves extremely slow.
my observations so far....
once or twice about halfway up it seemed to stick or had a loud crack sound then it moved. It almost looks or acts like the window track / door frame is bent.

I lubricated the felts it seemed to help a little but I need to get in to the internals to look at it.

I am searching through posts and threads to find the info so far no details on the problem. .

any ideas ? or links..

#5 ·
Your 'bent' comment suggests the regulator has derailed cable to seize up and too tight then, motor can't move it as quick.

Put window halfway up and then with door open, put both hands flat on window glass opposing each other and firmly grasp and lift up on the glass. If you have more than 1/4" max of slack up/down there the regulator is broken.............

#7 ·
post update.

I found some time to investigate the " window problem"

took the door apart.
Found that at some point in time before me, the door was,
how to explain this,
opened past the normal point as in like the wind caught it.

the black plastic detent arm for lack of a better name is bent straight not curved as it should be. upon further inspection I found the mount area in the door is bent too.

So inside the door there is a steel plate on the end of that black plastic detent arm it looks like it bent the glass mounting tab on the window regulator assembly.

So after I realigned the mounting tab for the glass and the felt track it seems to work better. now I need to get a new detent arm because I cant open the door with the window down ... uggug8ugugugug ..

so dont over open the door or let the wind catch it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.