Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Bought a new HU & Ipod Interface
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 12:40 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast
Fan#: 25773
What I Drive: 2004 Merc Grand Marquis

FF Reputation: 1 2005sangriaZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Originally posted by spydee
Okay, for anyone's future plans for an ipod interface with their deck...

I spent about 2 hrs yesterday putting in the deck, nicely wiring the ipod adapter in so it was hidden and all pretty like, and taking photos so i could post up a how to. then i turned it all on and realized how absolutely crappy the pioneer interface is with its limitations.

-it only pulls the first 8 characters of the artist/track/playlist name/etc.
-its slow - scrolling through my artists list, starting at A, it took almost 60 seconds to get to the B's. theres about a 2sec delay between each scroll.

i took it all out (incredible how 2 hours of putting in, can come out in 5-10 minutes), took it back to bestbuy/futureshop, and went and got an alpine cda-9855 and their ipod interface from a local audio shop. spent a little more money, but im much happier with the deck alone - i dont have the ipod interface in yet, its coming into the store today. i love the user interface that the alpine has. so clean, and easy to access any of the functions you need to. it sounds a lot cleaner than the pioneer too, out of the box with no adjustments.

now i just need to upgrade the speakers and add a sub :)
I'm running the same Alpine setup, and I am very happy with it. The Alpine interface has its limitations too, but its not that slow at scrolling through. Also when you are searching for a song it can only display the first 300 names I think, but If you have it on mix, it will show the songs name if it is in the last part of the alphabet. Congrats, and enjoy!
MECP Master Certified Autotech
Milwaukee, WI