Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT Shifter Bushing chewed up (pics included)

22K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  stromberg2277 
#1 ·
My shifter bushing is chewed up. I've searched all over but haven't found the answer I want to hear. Is there any place I can buy a replacement bushing, OEM and or after market?

See less See more
#2 ·
Just checked the dealership and like other people said, I would have to buy the whole assembly. That is retarded. 1 simple part that could easly fail and I have to spend over $900 for the whole assembly. I hope someone on focusfanatics has 1 to sell.

#8 ·
Been contacting wreckers, and more than a few SVT dealerships looking for just those parts. Ford here in Canada no longer sell/manufacture the shaft/arm or bushing.
Finding this forum and the above links has saved me from even more headache! Thanks.
Welcome to FF man!! This site is very helpful and informative to the SVT Focus owner. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge and know-how here. This group can help just about any owner with just about any problem. Have fun and welcome, again!!

#12 ·
Where the hell can i get the square bushing that gos on the linkedg on the trany side. iv read that some one makes them if not what is the part number also the pin it slips on to is toast its half gone from the bushing being gone for so long can i buy a new linkedg i just got this car drove for a week and now cant drive it need help asap pleas

#14 · (Edited)
Hit up Steve at Tasca, no part number, someone makes homemade square bushings and Steve sells them.

Edit: Valuable info, here's how to make your own. I didn't come up with it. The biggest problem is not having a drill press if you try.
That being said if you want to try and build your own bushings I've posted the specs in the main "Search for a better shift" thread but I'll post them again here. I start with a 3/8 x 3/8 strip of nylon (previously delrin). Cut the strip so you basically have a 3/8 cube. Use a 9/32 drill bit for your hole. File one side down to 9.15mm. The bushings I send out are basically 3/8 (height) x 3/8 (width) x 9.15 mm (width that will fit into the trough) I know I'm jumping between imperial and metric but you get the idea.
Original FJ source Post 15

#15 ·
Little thread bump here

I'll have the parts for this tomorrow, and this thread (forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php/655596-SVT-shifter-issues) says to disconnect the shift cables, and pretty much disassemble the whole shift assembly. I'd rather not do that...

I ordered the arm and bushing. In step 7, the metal circlip is 'discarded'. Is it possible to re-use the circlip? If not, I'd be stuck with a non-shifting SVT.

TLDR: What's the shortest and safest way to replace the arm and bushing?

Thanks!

(Don't have enough posts to be able to list in classifides, but I have a used IMRC unit and 37k mile catalytic converter if anyone is interested)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.