Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Various Headers. Fitment Questions

7K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Jburks 
#1 ·
I was looking around today on eBay and found some headers that make me curious. One is from Weapon R. I don't have any experience with the brand as far as quality is concerned but they do look good. The other is from Maximizer Exhaust. I don't have any experience with them either.

Weapon R Header- http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEAPON-R-SS...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Maximizer- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maximizer-S...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I am pretty sure the Maximizer header will work. But I am more curious about the header from Weapon R. It says its for the 2.3l Duratec. I'm just curious. Any concerns or experience with either brands or header welcome.

#2 ·
#3 ·
It does. It might be a copy. I couldn't find anything about the Maximizer one through a Google search, so it might be a start up company. I am thinking about getting a custom unequal length header made up.

I wanna figure out how to do it without harming performance but get that loud burble.[headbang]

#5 ·
Yeah I seen that. If I decided to go with a regular Focus header, I would probably go with an FSWerks header. But right now I am awaiting some tuning and then possibly a custom header.

#7 ·
True. But the FSWerks header is Ceramic Coated. Plus you never know when a nice used one will show up for sale on the forums

#8 ·
Neither of those will work if you want my Honest opinion.

The Maximizer only has one o2 port which means youll have to drill and weld on a o2 port somewhere in there. I would only use F2 headers if you can find it. Or Fswerks. Its expensive but the HP gains are higher with properly made Headers.

#13 ·
Properly made? Last time I checked the f2s o2 was in the wrong spot... Obx is probably gonna be on par with f2s is also a copy of cosworth header

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

#9 ·
Hey if anyone interested i will sell my f2 header next week is in very good condition
Posted via FF Mobile

#16 ·
it's not technicaly for the MK3 the previous generation Duratec engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.