Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1st ford 4 cylinder turbo

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  staticprevails4 
#1 ·
this was the first one to roll off the assembly line in novemer of '78. the uncle was an engineer in deerborn and he snatched it up. here's a link to my brother inlaws website. not bad for old technology.

http://www.huberperformance.com/

#6 ·
the '79 was pre svo. no, it's not stock. it runs a stroked motor and a monster turbo. 99.9% fabbed in the father inlaw's garage. yeah, i'm proud of their efforts. they have video of it scraping the rear bumper. it's pretty funny. it suprises the "no replacement for displacement" types. i'll get some numbers and post 'em.

#8 ·
I have seen some bad a$$ esslinger stuff out there, amazing what you can do with that motor, The svo's were fuel injected. Was the 78-79 just like the capri turbo, the wierd one with the turbo crafted into the carb...Did your folks go injection ( I would think) or is it a carbed turbo, I've seen that done, but it must be tough

#10 ·
there was someone selling a 2.3 turbo engine around here last week acutally i htink it still is. i dunno if its out of a old t-bird or a svo stang, but i bet you can have some realy fun with it in a focus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.