Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 65 - 69

Votes: 25 3.1%
  • > 70

Votes: 12 1.5%

So how old are we?

37K views 199 replies 125 participants last post by  Screaminyellowsvt 
#1 · (Edited)
So I thought it was time to start a newer and more comprehensive age poll.

Reactions: Prontobuilds
#4 ·
I selected the age 24 group but I turn 25 next month..

Started lurking here around here in 2005.. at age 15.. im getting old lol

#14 ·
your account is too new bud, i believe you need at least 25 or 50 post before voting in certain polls..

get to posting! [twothumbs]

#18 ·
This detailed poll is more interesting than the prev. simpler one.

It'll be fun to watch, so far it is matching my assumption that small cars are most popular for younger & older drivers these days.

Gap between 40 & 50 so far...

#21 ·
If it were interwoven with year of car, I'm sure we'd find that the younger kids drive the older cars while most of the new ones are the old fogies.

At my age I feel left out because most have moved on and become 'professional' and bought a new car to reflect their higher status. Focus really has no status and is pretty blah.

#33 · (Edited)
Well, if it was 4 months from now, I'd be the only vote in the 65-69 range so far! I got my SVT back in 2005 and just yesterday it turned 317,000 miles. Got a 2013 Focus ST waiting in the driveway just in case though!
Heh heh heh [:D] ... I beat you to it and got to be the first (and so far the only) one in the 65-69 range.

My new Focus is my first "grown up" car with four doors and a trunk, after more than 50 years of small, sporty two door coupes, roadsters, and hatchbacks. It's still a manual with great handling, though. Maybe that's why it's not as easy to drive it like a grown up as all my wife's bigger sedans have been. No way I could control my enthusiasm (and keep my driver's license safe) with an ST. You must be better at controlling that -- or have some very understanding law enforcement officers where you drive.

This poll will only run for one year, which solves the problem for most of us of being in different age groups at a later date. Another way to do that would be for us to pick the age group we were when we first bought our (current) Focus rather than when we voted, if those are different. That, or have the poll show ranges of birth years rather than ages and just calculate our ages from that. Either way it could then keep running forever, like the original Focus Owners' Age POLL.

#24 ·
Needs to be moved to the Official Polls & Surveys section for better visibility.

#31 ·
Honestly I'm glad the focus age group isnt just younger people. Its kinda the reason I bought my focus and not a civic or 240sx or something more common and japenese. Usually you get labeled as an immature kid driving a ricer. I've never been one for racing around on the streets at high speeds doing dangerous things. In fact most of the guys I meet up with in my area are shocked when I tell them how old I actually am.

#32 ·
I have friends that asked me why I didn't buy a Honda or Acura. My response was, parts are cheap and they get stolen ALL the time. I had a fairly quick CRX 8 yrs ago. It got stolen during a concert in downtown Seattle. That cost me 454.00 for the impound, 40.00 for a replacement steering wheel(I guess that they needed it more that I did) and rare MTX MTA 250 amp(yes they got the deck, sub and speakers as well).

I am glad that we have a group of younger members here.

#38 ·
I'm fifty nine. Compared to the other cars I own, this may be the most normal, mundane, and practical. The others include:
'80 Rabbit pickup 1.8 16V and GTI interior
'87 Scirocco 16V very nicely restored
'67 Ford Cortina GT Nicely Restored
'68 Ford Cortina, Jay Ivey built motor Lots of autocrosses and track days
1984 Vanagon Westfalia full camper, 2 each, one in Maine, one in So Cal
1965 Lotus Super Seven Cosworth 1500. 100 horsepower, and under 1060 lb on the road. An SVT weighs nearly 3 times as much.

Its getting harder and harder to get parts for the Cortinas, so I had to buy the SVT to drive until I can get the brakes completely sorted on the Cortinas.

My SVT is bone stock, except for a trailer hitch I put on it, and its in excellent rust free condition. I don't intend to make any modifications to it, except maybe a tune. If and when it needs shocks, I'll probably upgrade there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.