Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVTF and a Dolly

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Snakebite202 
#1 ·
Has anyone pulled there SVTF on a tow dolly. I am thinking about using my SVTF on a tow dolly behind our motorhome as a run around car. However due to the low ground clearance of the car I am concerned that the ramps of the dolly while towing will not clear the rocker panels of the car while in transit. Anyone have any first had knowledge of this situation?
Second thought would be to trailer the SVTF, but the weight of the trailer is much greater than that of a tow dolly.
Thanks

#2 ·
Be careful here, your manual specifically states that you will void your warranty if you tow your vehicle in any other fashon than on a flatbed.

When my shifter fell apart, I called ford roadside and insisted on a flatbed. Perhaps something more "disposable" like a Saturn SL would be a better choice.

#7 ·
gukin said:
Be careful here, your manual specifically states that you will void your warranty if you tow your vehicle in any other fashon than on a flatbed.
It does?? I had to have my car towed multiple times while under warranty, all but once were on a flatbed. That one time it was the "traditional" style tow truck it seemed to work just fine - although the tow truck operator was very careful and cautious and respectful to the car (which was a nice change of pace!). Anyway, it was towed to the dealer that way, so if it that's a warranty-voiding tow style the dealer didn't say anything about it.

#8 ·
Since the two front tires and wheels would be off of the ground and only the rear wheels trailing on the ground, the traction control would not be an issue. However after doing some research. I have found a few individuals who have confirment that the ramps do and will rub on the rocker panels as well as the front facia hanging up on the dolly platform lip.
I am going to purchase a new 18' (16' deck+2'dove tail) car hauler trailer to haul it on. This way it is up off of the ground all together. Now the question is, do I get the standard black trailer or a yellow trailer to match the SVTF color.

#11 ·
SVT4ME said:
It does?? I had to have my car towed multiple times while under warranty, all but once were on a flatbed. That one time it was the "traditional" style tow truck it seemed to work just fine - although the tow truck operator was very careful and cautious and respectful to the car (which was a nice change of pace!). Anyway, it was towed to the dealer that way, so if it that's a warranty-voiding tow style the dealer didn't say anything about it.

^^ agreed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.