Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Wagon Mods

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum. I just picked up a 2002 Zetec SE Wagon with 88k miles and I'm looking to get started on my mods. I found a bunch of stuff on FSWerks.com. I know all of the headers/exhausts for the sedans and hatches will fit the wagon because it's obviously the same engine but I just wanted to make sure there wasnt any fitment issues for the headers and intake because of the car shape. And do I just get a 12" extension for the exhaust or is there actually wagon exhaust kits? Or anything else wagon specific. Also, the 2008-2011 SES 15 spoke wheels and the SVT wheels, do they fit these earlier models? I know its the same bolt pattern.

Thanks!

#4 ·
A lot of parts sedan and hatchback parts will fit on the wagon. Not all but a lot, I know for sure that the rear suspension is different so the shocks and springs will have to be specific for a wagon.
What kinda mods are you looking to do ? Power? Suspension? Look ? Let us know as we can help you out on which ever direction you want go. Also welcome to the forum! Lots of great people and info here.

#6 ·
Everything you mentioned should all still be the same. As far as exhaust goes you might need to Fab an extension or buy one. However I kind of like the no exhaust tip look myself.

#8 ·
A Canadian company called MBRP probably still makes an exhaust for the wagon. Any other exhaust will work, but you'll have to get the piece that goes over the suspension modified.

Rear upper adjustable control arms work although those look completely different than what is factory in the car. SVT brake kits work. You should already have a sway bar, so you should know that any sway bar kit will work on this car. Any engine mods will fit this car also.

Whilst you ponder a signature that I once had which said "4 words I hate: For all except wagon", keep in mind that there are things that wagons have which other Focis don't have. Specifically air load helper springs by Air Lift. There was a time when I wanted to make a "Draggin' Wagon" using these springs. Unfortunately the ATX is best for draggin, and I don't have an ATX. That's the Lentech built ATX, and you'll need a 400+ hp turbo engine to go with that.

Wagon roof spoilers are going to be hard to find. Ford made them, but those were only installed on a very limited number of vehicles. The rest ended up sold in the aftermarket.

#9 · (Edited)
Exhaust from the coupe/sedan can be installed on the car without any modification and then driven to an exhaust shop where they can add a roughly 12" section at the tailpipe and modify a couple of the hangers at the back. I suspended mine with a bungy cord for a day so I could drive it in. Beware it is quite loud with the tip under the car, the exhaust noise in the car will be much better once the tip exits out from under the back bumper.

There is a guy who lives accross from my brothers house who has a wagon spoiler that I am quite jealous of. Anybody have a source for these?
Posted via FF Mobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.