Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What do you run in 1/4 mile?

6K views 67 replies 21 participants last post by  Zarelli6 
#1 ·
I'm just wondering what people are running in the 1/4 mile (time and trap speeds) and what mods it took to get them there.

#32 ·
youd be better off with a shorty and a high flow cat. the point of the race header is to ditch the cat. ud be defeating the race headers sole purpose by throwing a cat on. also there is a huge fine for tampering with cats and itd be hard to find a shop to cut up a hi flow cat and get it on to your race header. not to mention the cost. def a waste.

#37 ·
Seeing is I don't have slicks, or even drag radials at the moment, I have to ride the shit out of the clutch to attempt to get a good launch, rpms @ 4000 or so, my 60' times are still like 2.5 or worse[?|]

#39 ·
I have big problems with wheelspin ( tyhus the lame 15.9), Thats why I want to get out one more time before the end of the year, it should do better than that, I can launch my bike pretty hard, but the focus was giving me fits.[burnout] . I just don't have the technigue down yet!

#41 ·
EuroZX3 said:
youd be better off with a shorty and a high flow cat. the point of the race header is to ditch the cat. ud be defeating the race headers sole purpose by throwing a cat on. also there is a huge fine for tampering with cats and itd be hard to find a shop to cut up a hi flow cat and get it on to your race header. not to mention the cost. def a waste.
Im talking about putting it on the midpipe. not the race header.

#42 ·
Focal what do you have done to your car? Thats a nice 1/4 mile time. I ran a 16.7 with out the TB and UDP on a G-tech. I haven't had a chance to do it again with the new mods but soon.

I have MBRP catback, FC UDP, FC TB, Ractive Intake. and not that it matters but MSD wires.

#45 ·
Another reasoning behind NOT putting a cat in your flex, is: The cat is near the engine for a good reason, it requires to be at a certain temperature for the enzymes to properly convert the exhaust. If you put it further into the exhaust system, you'd loose heat that the engine would product. you'd fail emissions, and add a bottle neck to your system that the race header was there to eliminate.

#49 ·
because my parents won't buy me the header and stuff till xmas and there is nothing i can do until i finish my exhaust. So i'm stuck......so i get projector headlights

#51 ·
i am saving lol i just don't have it right now. Hey focal every part i have on my car i baught with my own money ok don't think i get it all from my parents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.