Focus Fanatics Forum banner

need a new cutch

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  sleepyboy 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I agree, you can get the Stock Clutch for 300-350 bucks depending on where you get it from. I just went through looking for a clutch for my SVT. It's stock or double the price for the next one up. Stock was the easy choice since I don't plan on going F/I anytime in the near future.

#4 ·
Also that Fidanza flywheel is for the normal MTX-75 5 speed. You can not get one anymore for the SVT nor can you get the knock brand Razio or whatever it is called either. They all require a 8-16 week waiting period for them to be made as there are no more in stock. I tried buying just the flywheel and you can not get it separate you must by a clutch kit that comes with one.

As far as the clutch master flywheel is concerned I believe it will only mate up to the Clutch Master clutch which means you should just buy it in a kit that way it would be cheaper. Also shop around for the kit as well, there are places that have a good deal on them.

#5 ·
There are no options for a aluminum flywheel other then the CM flywheel/clutch combo?
-will those 2 things be everything needed?

will any lightweight flywheel fit with the stock style clutch or do i have to stay with the dual clutch?

so im looking at luk combo with flywheel for ~$450 vs cm stage 1 and cm flywheel ~$800 (both would need seals and master cylinder bolts and fluid?)

#8 ·
There are no options for a aluminum flywheel other then the CM flywheel/clutch combo?
-will those 2 things be everything needed?

will any lightweight flywheel fit with the stock style clutch or do i have to stay with the dual clutch?
To be honest, you really don't want the Light Weight Flywheel. While it does have a few benefits, for a daily driver its not really any noticiable difference..

On top of that, the Getrag Trans is notorious for clutch chatter. I had the Stage 3 CM with light weight fly wheel, and when I wasnt in gear, it sounded like hell. The clutch itself was great, but the chatter grows old really quickly.

Unless you are building your engine, its not worth the extra money (or rattles) just to be able to rev a bit quicker.

#6 ·
The factory Luk clutch kit combo comes with everything you need clutch disc, pressure plate, flywheel, and the throw out bearing/slave cylinder, the slave is SVT specific so it's best to get it in the kit and not risk getting the wrong one. I say this cause I was sent the wrong one and installed it and it ruined the used clutch I put in there which was working fantastic till it got soaked in trans fluid. The input shaft diameter is slightly different between the two but the outside of the slave is identical in every way. The 5 speed one will leak fluid past the input shaft seal since the 5 speed's input shaft is slightly larger.

But anyways, yeah your looking at the Stock clutch which you can find for cheaper than that 450 or the CM stage one kit (they do sell a kit that comes with both the flywheel and the clutch which should be a lil' cheaper). Now the only problem with that is I'm not sure if it comes with the slave cylinder. If it does no problem, if it doesn't then get the part from Ford so you make sure you getting the right part. Even though the one I got said it was for the 6-speed it wasn't, it also wasn't a Ford OEM part either.

#7 ·
I purchased a 'stock' clutch and flywheel kit from O'Riellys. I think it was SACHs part number 70463-01. It ended up costing about $500 with tax. new flywheel, friction disc, throw out bearing, etc... and alignment tool.

worked perfectly - I had just put in a newly rebuilt motor and didn't want to have to pull everything to replace the clutch later on.

#9 ·
Even with the stock clutch they are known to chatter and make noises. Mine does sometimes now and it doesn't even have that many miles on it less than 10k. Some can live with the noise and some can't, just like some aren't that loud at all and others are very loud. You just never know what your going to get with them or what your tolerance level is. Especially with a light weight flywheel. I went stock purely on the cost alone and spent the other bit of money on suspension parts. I'm happy with my decision, the SVT now drives great and handles even better lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.