Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Transmission Plastic Plug
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic
Magus2727's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Fan#: 62897
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

Posts: 7,650
Points 13,317, Level 75
Points: 13,317, Level: 75 Points: 13,317, Level: 75 Points: 13,317, Level: 75
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 16 Magus2727 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
That plate is a dissimilar metals plate so the bell housing of the transmission does not cause a reaction to the block its bolted on to. Also so they can close off the area of the bell housing with out making the motor casting larger. Believe most call it a "transmission block plate"

Any rubber grommet will fit will work. I think its usually used a peak hole to inspect items like the flywheel or flex plate with out having to remove the starter.
2001 ZX3 2.0L Zetec-
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (
Magus2727 is online now  
    Reply With Quote