Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Help? My Focus won't start.

12K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  FordService 
#1 ·
Hi all, waiting on roadside since my '13 Focus won't start and figured I'd ask here to see if anyone had any experience/ideas of the problem.

There is a red "i" icon flashing between the fuel and temp gauges, no response from the push button. The remote won't lock/unlock the doors, but the doors unlock if I put my hand in the door handle.

Just crossed 900km today and got my first finance invoice in the mail today (great timing).

Any help is appreciated. Hoping its something simple as it would be a major PITA to have to leave my car at the dealership indefinitely.

#35 ·
Good luck! Hopefully it's not the same problem I'm having. I initially hoped it was the battery as well, then hoped for a quick software fix, no dice. I didn't get a bunch of warning lights going off, but I had used the remote starter, so they may have gone off while I wasn't in the car.

#41 ·
It's a real pain, because I really like the car. I'm stuck with it for now, as I would take an absolute bath trying to trade a car with 900km on it. Can't afford that. Hopefully everything is fixed when I get back and I have better luck going forward. As for Ford as a corporation, I'm not holding my breath.

#44 ·
For those interested, or suffering similar problems, here's the paperwork from the dealership. They painted the gas door while it was there (there was a gouge in it when purchased new, original dealership covering the cost) but did an atrocious job which led to an extra trip to get it looked at again, and a second extra trip to get it repainted. Extra pain, but they didn't hassle me about it, they recognized it was very poorly done. Service advisor even commented after seeing the repaint "Why didn't they just do that the first time". Happy to have my car back. For this situation (maybe different for other situations) Ford's social media team were unable to do anything of value for me.

#46 ·
My 2012 focus Ti is in the shop with the same issues. Took it to ford yesterday and they ran battery check all was ok so we picked it up last night. This morning battery is dead again. It's in the shop again. I read the ticket you posted with the issues but I'm confused on what was the actual problem? Is it an electrical issue or something? I'm hoping it just a bad battery and if it is some electrical issue I'm thinking of dumping this car and getting something else. The car is too new to already have this many problems.

#47 ·
Which dealership did you go to, clstoy? I'd like to loop in your regional customer service manager to assist with this concern. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, and mileage.

Thanks,

Todd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.