Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVTFocus Noob's TurboBuild

24K views 155 replies 20 participants last post by  prerunnerwannabe 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay guys I finally have the kit back in my hands and it's time to start a thread on my build. I think I'm almost there I still am working on getting money for a light weight flywheel and clutch. I have a bunch of pics but idk if it will directly post hopefully for the sake of a good thread they will.[offtopic]
Now back to the build, I still have some small things to acquire but the biggest thing now is help from experienced boost owners!! I don't know if I have all the oil lines I need for turbo! Also don't know how/where to install my oil catch can I got.

My goal is to run as low of boost as possible at first to achieve 200-230ish Tq, after some good miles on that I will simply turn up boost till my tiny little T3 can't do any more.

History, I bought the kit used right here on marketplace:
SPA T3 .48 ar Turbo , Precision IC, Diablo Mafia, Siemens Deka 60lb Inj, Down pipe, screamer pipe? (what previous owner called it), Tial BOV, pretty sure SPA wastegate (not sure), SPA manifold, catch can, and a bunch of random piping and filter, random rubber and braided-steel lines, and a AEM wideband.

What I've bought so far:
TurboTurtle's 3" piping, tapped oil pan, IC mounting kit, and ARP manifold bolts, spa iron piece, evo wastegate, TurboTurtle's 3" offroad downpipe, Tom's Tuning,

What I feel I need:
CLutch Master's FX400 kit (6 puck)
Trubenz 3" flexpipe and "flexback" exhaust
Poly engine mounts
Greddy RS BOV

If you feel there is anything I'm missing or feel like commenting at all go ahead! the more the merrier just please keep it constructive on the criticism!!

Nowto post pics:

Jake

See less See more
#35 ·
kit was built using a car that is not a svt or running stock bumper or running any fog lights or with battery in stock location. he was the only one willing to bring me his car so there is only so much i can do guessing on getting the piping to fit every combination. sorry it doesnt clear fog lights but im glad to see it clears the battery

zxthrizzle i doubt your set up will clear your battery though bc of the bov location on your piping

Tim

#37 ·
cfm is the only place i can find that still sells them. i'll send you a message.

and just for every one who reads this about my svt piping. i can not promise a perfect fitment on the piping for the svt like the zetec until i get an svt in my shop to make small changes like coupler to tb or for fog lights and small stuff. im happy to work with any one on any thing they need but so far i have been building them off pictures and text messages. its been nice working with jake on the spa and svt stuff, he has been really cool with the whole process and he is the first to actually start the install of my guess work. i hope it all fits correct. let me know if you need any thing else

Tim

#41 ·
Okay guys going to load base tune and check oil is feeding properly. Before I start my car help me out I feel like I'm missing something so here's what I've done for the build:
60lb Delka injs, Motorcraft SP463 @ 0.040 diablo MAF
IC, charge pipes with MAF and BOV recirulated to IM
WG vented top and bottom routed to IM
-3AN oil feed, -10AN return, tapped oil pan copper rtv sealed
AEM wideband, firewire cable, SCT Tuner, base tune from Tom
5W-30 synthetic Oil, how many Qts? isn't it like 4.7 with a turbo???

I feel like I'm missing things so comment away and remind me or if I completely missed it and need to get it!!!

Jake

#42 ·
Best plugs out there, they should be around .028, a tad to open. I put the whole 5 qts but 4.8 should be good. Make sure the oil return line is not bent and downhill all the way, also make sure turbo is getting oil.

#43 · (Edited)
All due respect I'm sticking with 0.040 becuz That's what Tom told me to do and I feel that would mess with his tune, but why gap to 0.028? Plus we're only shooting for 230-250hp on my stock clutch, then once I have money ill replace that and retune. Also return has a bend to it, do you mean kinked? I feel the bend in the return will be fine with getting oil to pan.

Jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.