Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - pushing issues in the corners need advise
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

Points 5,596, Level 48
Points: 5,596, Level: 48 Points: 5,596, Level: 48 Points: 5,596, Level: 48
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
If you can fabricate and can use any spring I would make something like the old ground control coil over set up the front and rear. It will allow you to use an Eiback slandered English race springs. Youíll also need a better shock such as konie yellow.

If you have to stay with a stock looking spring probably the H&R race springs I think they have the stiffiest rear spring around.

I would try going with a springs thatís about 40%stiffer than you have in the front. The way I have my road racing car set up is my rear spring it 25% stiffer then my front my fronts are 450ibs/in and the rears are 575lbs/in. my car is not quite neutral so you may want a bit more spring In the back. Also canber bolts in the rear may help.
My rides a 2002 SVT track car, & Boosted 2007 ST with the SAP.
The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you? - It protects my head.

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.