Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Water in Tail Light

10K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  flyaway-boat 
#1 ·
We have been getting quite a bit of rain in the Central Florida area. I noticed condensation inside my reverse light on my 2013 model S Sedan. I took the light off and blew as much water out as I could.

I believe these should be water tight. I'll have to go back to the dealer yet again. The Focus is a good car, but there are too many little details that are amiss.

#2 ·
I get water around my tail lights, simply by design that there is a lip that rims the whole thing. However if in the tail lamp, yes they should be sealed. First year cars always have a ton more "little" things wrong then the ones after, just the price you pay for having the newest car out.

#3 ·
We have been getting quite a bit of rain in the Central Florida area. I noticed condensation inside my reverse light on my 2013 model S Sedan...
Hi scada!

I'm Ashley, the new customer service rep here on the forum.

I'd like to loop in your customer service manager on this issue. Could you please PM me with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info? I'll get that sent off to your CSM, so they can work with your dealer on this.

Thanks!

Ashley

#6 ·
Orion; Thank you for that, here is the language in the manual:

These are examples of acceptable condensation:
• Presence of thin mist (no streaks, drip marks or droplets).
• Fine mist covers less than 50% of the lens.
These are examples of unacceptable moisture (usually caused by a lamp water leak):
• Water puddle inside the lamp.
• Large water droplets, drip marks or streaks present on the interior of
the lens.
Take your vehicle to a dealer for service if any of the above conditions of unacceptable moisture are present.

#14 ·
I have a 2014 Ford focus with condensation in passenger light housing, I bought this used from the dealership called suburban in sterling heights mi. I pointed that out to the sales person prior of buying it. The sales person said he was going to address it. After the sale the story turned nothing got done about it. I was told it is what it is.

#15 ·
If you want to try and fix it, I would pull the housing, let it completely dry out (maybe even put it in the oven at a low temp, but be careful so you don't melt anything), and seal the edge of the housing where the lens adheres to the body with some type of sealant (such as RTV silicone).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.