Focus Fanatics Forum banner

bad injector maybe?

7K views 54 replies 10 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 ·
I replaced with a new coil pack and had it temporarily mounted and shot a video of it shortly after I fired it up. it still seems rough and under boost it still misses. the spark plug on cylinder 2 had white on it

#34 ·
agree with tim, and yes it does seem it doesn't have as much power under wot. the afr stays at 10.6 under wot until bout 6200 then reaches 11. but it doesn't seem like it has the power it should have, and for certain rpms udner wot it does seem like it doesn't just run through the rpms real quick like it should as well. like I stated I am going to confirm tomorrow if it doesn't rain that it will be a vac leak.

#35 ·
its hard to tell in that picture but is your coil pack a genuine motorcraft coil pack? if its a cheap autozone or ebay knockoff and is NOT motorcraft i suspect that might be your issue. i had 3 autozone knockoff brand coil packs that went bad within months after the install brand new out of the box. spent more for a motorcraft and have run it for years now. and it made my car behave very similar to yours even though i was N/A at the time.

just trying to throw ideas out there.

#41 ·
I did a test. made my own tester out of pvc block plug and silicone coupler and a air fitting and epoxy glue. stuck that on the turbo pumped 10 psi into it and heard no leaks initially. reached my hand in the back of the IM and felt a strong breeze. my neighbor blew cigar smoke and it blew right back in his face back there, then I sprayed soapy water back there and it bubbled pretty good on the tb under the throttle cable

#42 ·
so you DONT need a new injector! cool beans man, arent you glad you didnt get rid of your WOT box for a new set of them now? im glad you got it figured out!

#50 ·
mis fires like a son of a biz now. tried with new wires still same got newer coil pack still same. waiting on crappy ass ford dealer to get the sp463 that I ordered. that don't cure it I don't know wtf will

#52 ·
they checked out fine, I was reading off the numbers to italo and he pretty much guessed the readings before I even sent the text messages, he suggested I try switching the third wire from my new set with the number 2 wire from old set to experiment, did nothing, I bought some maf cleaner and cleaned it today and it ran well until it idled then it was hesitating, drove it some and it only hesitates when I reach lil over 4k in boost. sux cuz that's when your head hits the seat real well

#53 ·
Went to bed last night, this morning saw the rest of the texts. Like I told you need to change the plugs, if that doesn't solve the coil's pigtail is next, it may be arching inside the plug.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.