Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Could someone explain what this tube is for???
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81053
Location: new york, NY
What I Drive: 2003 Silver LX

Posts: 29
Points 720, Level 14
Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14 Points: 720, Level: 14
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 mialtin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Originally Posted by turntablez View Post
Below is a pic of my engine with a tube that comes out of it. What does it do? I know on the back of my valve cover is the PCV valve. But this other tube come out of the side of my cover and leads into my air box. If I get a CAI what do I do with this line? Will there be a hook up for it? Thanks for your time and help.

Hey guys, I know this is an old post, but I kind of have the same question. While I was looking around to check things on my focus, I noticed that the same tube/hose is broken right where it connects to the air box. It has a L connection there.
I went to an advance auto to recycle the engine oil today and asked the dude if they carry the part and he couldn't find anything but suggested I call the Ford stealership. Just wondering if any of you have any ideas on this. I would call Ford but am not sure about the name of the part.

Thanks guys. As always FF members rock.
mialtin is offline  
    Reply With Quote