Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Hydraulic passenger motor mount questions

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  GreySkorpion 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, we have all read the horrors and the like of Anchor brand aftermarket motor mounts. Has anyone found a decent place to get the Passenger side hydraulic mount insert that has held up, other than a OEM Ford part? My bracket is fine, I am just asking about this part:

See less See more
#4 ·
Okay, we have all read the horrors and the like of Anchor brand or DEA aftermarket motor mounts. Has anyone found a decent place to get the Passenger side hydraulic mount insert that has held up, other than a OEM Ford part? My bracket is fine, I am just asking about this part:

How 'bout motorcraft?

#10 ·
Buy OEM, I did the Circle Jerk once ... GET OEM.. And Replace the dog with Poly if you want it to last forever, or again, OEM.. Tranny is cheap to do and Any brand will be OK since this mount is under a different pressure.

THIS is EXPERIENCE talking...

#11 ·
^^^This is what I am looking for, real world advice. Thank you and I have the OEM passenger mount ordered along with a massive dogbone mount. I have heard tranny mount makes no difference.

And for what it is worth, I have a 2.3, that passenger mount alone is $40-$50 more than any 2.0 passenger mount. Until Friday, cheapest I have been quoted from a dealer is $130, Village Ford hooked me up on one for a hell of a deal!!

#16 ·
I just ordered the OEM mount from Village Ford and a Prothane dog-bone insert set. Even if the poly mount from Prothane makes no difference in feel, it needed replaced at 130K, and is a nice little upgrade over stock.

Thanks to all those with positive comments and suggestions!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.