Focus Fanatics Forum banner

shifter not straight

636 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  whimsicalpouch2 
#1 ·
over spring break, heading home, break my shifter cables, stuck in 2nd gear. funnn. anyways ran me for $490. stuck in middle of nowhere missouri, able to slowly drive to a ford dealer.

they put the new shifter cables on, feels great, however, the shifter now doesn't stand up straight, it is off to the right side. gears 1 and 2 are vertical where 3 and 4 should be. i don't understand how they weren't able to make it like normal...5 and 6 are wayyy over to the right. its all very close and i have missed a downshift from 6th trying to go to 4th instead i'm hitting 2nd. i want it to be more spread out and back to normal. how would that work?

SVT focus

#3 ·
Pity you can't take it back the the dealer who repaired it.
It should be able to be adusted . But the new dealer probably will want to charge you for it.
The boot over the cabin gearshift handle should be able to just lift uo (so the boot is inverted UP over the handle. then you can look at it anyway.
I never did anything to mine, so I cannot say if it can be easily adusted from on top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.