Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Looking to purchase a Morimoto Elite HID system but have a question

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  xEzekialx 
#1 ·
1. There's 4300k, 5K and 6K is the 4300K closer to OEM pure white?

2. There are two types of harnesses which one is right for my car 2010 coupe
Moto control relay or Standalone can bus?

3. If I purchase this kit and decide to purchase the retro kit at a later date can this be done or will I need to purchase a whole different kit?

4. Should I go with the 50w vs 35w? I've always used 35w in my cars and 55w in the motorcycles

#5 ·
I bought mine from another member on here. It came with the morimoto heavy duty relay harness. and you connect it to the battery and a ground. And with and hid install on second gens you will have to remove the passenger side headlight to install its light. The drivers side does not have to be removed though.

#8 ·
Our cars do not require a special harness. I started out with the standard h13 relay but mine rusted out so i have replaced it with the morimoto black box.

I am running 50 watts and have never been given any trouble from the fuzz. You are taking a small light source and spreading it out over a large distance. You wont be as happy with the lights if you go 35w.

But you need projectors! This system rewires the lights to make the highbeams control a solenoid for the projectors. Sticking a xenon bulb in your stock housing is dangerous to everyone around you plus when it rains, snows, or you are driving in fog there will be so much kickback.

Unfortunately both lights must come out unless you have a cold air intake to install the harness. It can be installed from eother side. It just plugs into where the old bulb used to be. Depending on how long the power lead is you will most likely need to plug it into the driver side. Secure everything down because the ballasts and controller do not like the vibrations -may shorten the lifespan if you do not.

If you plan on retrofiting later i would wait on this unless you have some form of projector like eagle eyes but be mindful that setup uses a h9 bulb i think. If youre using the stock housings it would be better to find a 50/65watt halogen bulb.

#9 ·
5000k is pure white in 35 watts.

You do not need a can bus harness.

The MH1 projectors uses H1 bulbs.

35 watt. MH1 projectors are to small for 55 watts. 55 watts will ruin the chrome coating on the projector bowls after time. TRS does not recommend 55 watts in the MH1s because of this.

I would just do the stage 3 kit with the projectors. Might as will buy it all and do it right the first time.

#16 ·
Nothing to it.

My frist time was with my trucks retro and they turned out great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.