Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MS3 Springs in Focus

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  2012sel 
#1 ·
Anyone have recent pictures of people who have done this?

I have a good line in on some springs but cant find any pictures

#3 ·
#4 ·
Thanks just heard back from TORQUERULES

I am getting them done today

Will post pics after!!

#6 ·
I needed to cut the front slightly this is the end result

Completly satisfied with the investment, perfect drop that I wanted as well

#10 ·
Thanks your car was the final proof I needed to inspire me to do it

#11 ·
Does this affect camber at all?
How about ride height? If ride height is affected how much would it change without cutting?

Finally was it hard to do the cuts and make them even?

Thanks! This and the electric focus mm are on my shortlist for upgrades.

#12 ·
Lowering always effects Camber, but it is all still adjustable within spec on this drop. I did an alignment after the install.

Ride height is dropped about ~1" all around.

Apparently if you dont cut the front will go up about a qtr to a half inch above stock which basically makes that install useless.

No the cut was very easy to do, you basically cut above where the orignal last coil ends. There is a brown insulator that starts there as well so its a good tell to where to stop looking.

I love the drop but the best part of this mod is the spring rate, which as torquerules mention its almost feels like a stock mazdaspeed 3. Id say this is your best bang for buck in a OEM+ suspension mod

#13 ·
What are the years of MazdaSpeed 3 that would be the same as these? 2010+? Are the springs non-progressive?

I find it interesting that a lot of FF members prefer non-progressive and most aftermarket lowering springs are progressive. Is it to maintain ride quality?

#14 ·
I got mine from a 2012 MS3

Honestly I put new rims on and hated the gap, this seemed like a good idea.

Reasonably priced with OEM type quality

I find the prolines not enough of a drop and sport lines too low for a DD in the Great White North.

Also in Canada I get dinged with huge duties which can raise the price of springs by $100 at times when shipping from the US

#16 ·
Thanks Guys, Just bought a 2012 set from eBay for $90 shipped. [race]

#18 ·
What did you search? I wouldn't mind picking up a set but my Ebay fu is weak.

#20 · (Edited)
Finally!

So glad this day is here. My 2012 with 2012 MS3 springs. Thanks to everyone who posted how to do this. 7/8" drop rear, 5/8" drop front (with 1 coil cut off).

#24 ·
Y'alls cars look great!

All I can find is a ton of after market drop springs, and one set of OEM rears.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.