Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FRPP Suspension on a 2008?

51K views 228 replies 43 participants last post by  Gettysburg150 
#1 ·
Hello, all!

I'm looking into dropping my Focus, and have seen FRPP mentioned being used with 2nd gen. Foci.
My questions are these: Are we talking about the "2000-2005" FRPP suspension kits? If so, how easily will 1st gen. FRPP suspension fit onto a 2nd gen.?

#2 ·
Its the 06-07 FRPP Kit and it directly fits(= I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. From tousley ford its only a little over $300 shipped for the full kit(4springs, 2 shocks, 2 struts)
be sure you get the 06-07 kit. And the box that it comes in actually says "06+" because they 06-11 focus suspension is the same aside from the diameter of the struts which was increased my 5mm lol

#5 ·
Posted via FF Mobile
06+ is all the same. Been riding on my FRPP setup for about 36k so far so good!

#7 ·
Posted via FF Mobile
I guess I would have to measure the car and let you know. Gas savings, no!!! Way more fun to drive and as such use more gas.

#8 ·
Looking at pics on here it seems they drop more than 1.5 inches which looks great, but I put about 30k miles a year on a car in all types of driving conditions (well...no snow). Most of that is at hwy speed so would think maybe mpg would pick up a bit being lower to the ground.

#9 ·
maybe, I drive 35-36K a year and I guess when I was on my stock 15" I might have gotten about 1-2 mpgs better. since going to 17s Im getting right at 33 mpg and thats on three tanks of gas a week, so I would say its a solid number.

#13 ·
Oh yeah, that's understandable. I don't mind having it aligned one time, I was/am concerned that it would cause issues over time. I need to get as much life as I can out of my tires. By the way crice8, did you happen to actually measure how much it lowered your car? As bad as I want the improved look and handling, I am a little worried about "obstacles" in the road. Plus my drive way is rather steep. I only have about 4 inches of clearance with the front bumper now. As you probably can tell, I struggle between wanting to mod the car and retain its daily driveability.

#18 ·
Installed the kit last night and had it alined today at Sears with no issues. Have not driven much yet, but feels (and looks) awesome. One very noticeable difference that I did not expect is that the front end does not dive when you shift. So far I'm diggin' it. By the way, the front end only dropped .5 inches while the rear dropped the advertised 1.5. I like it that way because I was concerned about front bumper clearance.

#20 ·
give it a week or two and it will come down. Have fun and enjoy.

#21 ·
Yeah figured it might drop some more, hopefully not enough to affect the alinement too much. When I first let the rear off the jack stands it was actually 1 inch higher than when I started. I wondered if they had shipped me the wrong parts[mad]. A quick drive around the block and it settled on down.[:D]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.