4M views 20K replies 1K participants last post by  Urmike04 
#1 ·
Well guys lets see them, post up ur aftermarket:

intake pics
exhaust pics
rims/wheels pics
and anything else cool you have done.

#4,872 ·
To anyone that has done a plastidip stripe, how does the edge hold being unprotected? I'd like to protect my bumper in some way (I haul a lot of stuff and it's getting dinged pretty good), but I'm not sold on using clear vinyl yet (I think it looks dumb). I might find part of it being dipped more pleasing to the eye...

#4,900 ·
For protection the plasti-dip gives even less than the vinyl sticker but I agree the sticker looks dumb but so far this is the best option I've seen to protect the bumper. I got it on Amazon for $50 shipped. Unfortunatly I haven't found one that rounds over the edge so maybe a clear piece of vinyl on the edge would work but not really be too noticeable. The OEM cover on my Subi actually does go over the edge and I was a bit disappointed Ford didn't offer one as an option. It would've been easy money for one since they'd probably charge $100.

It even matches the interior ribbing.

#4,875 ·
Oh snap! ST spoiler is back from paint. It doesn't look bad for the price I paid. There's probably a dozen or so little dust flecks in the clear, but that's pretty much expected for the generic repair shop I took it to. I'm not complaining when 5 minutes of wetsanding work will clean up a $114 paintjob! D Day for the stash in the garage is SATURDAY. Wish me luck!

#4,886 ·
Here is a tech ? Are the handling pack struts and standard struts different on where the spring mount is located on the strut. .... if so, what about st struts?

#4,887 ·
I dont have the handling pack, that might be a huge factor in the ride height. I bet the st struts also make a difference. Mine was the most basic SE you can get

#4,888 ·
So what we're saying now is that in order for the V-Maxx springs to sit right they need ST struts?

The tech answer is that the springs hold the weight of the car and will determine the ride height. Shocks/struts only assist in dampening out their motion.

#4,898 ·
I have a stock SE Sport strut in the shop to measure and Jose (papaacer) said he could measure his... I can also measure an ST one from a buddies ST (off the car)

#4,905 ·
#4,904 ·
Had about a half hour or so to myself while the wife was running errands with the baby. What better time than then to install the ST spoiler! Pretty amazing how much just this little guy changed the overall look from "Blah Focus" to "Innnnteresting. I wonder whats under the hood?"

#4,907 ·
Had about a half hour or so to myself while the wife was running errands with the baby. What better time than then to install the ST spoiler! Pretty amazing how much just this little guy changed the overall look from "Blah Focus" to "Innnnteresting. I wonder whats under the hood?"

Gosh, that wing looks sooo much better than the aftermarket wings, as far as fitment. You haz make my CDO happy, happy, happy! [twothumbs] Great find!
I'm glad it came out as well as it did for you Jody, and you're welcome for pointing it out before some one else ran over to focusst.org and grabbed it. [headbang]

It looks just like the o.e. part because it is an o.e. part, therefore the fitment is excellent.

#4,912 ·
TYVM! I was fighting with myself. I want to do an complete ST body conversion, and finding this spoiler for cheap made it possible with all Ford parts. NO WAY was I going to spend a grand JUST on the spoiler.

I'm glad it came out as well as it did for you Jody, and you're welcome for pointing it out before some one else ran over to focusst.org and grabbed it. [headbang]
Thanks again! Honestly, I'm surprised I was the first one to get over there, with as much interest as there is in the ST spoilers usually. At least I know if I sell the car, I can pass on a pretty decently painted spoiler ready to rock to another member at a good price.

I have the faux ST spoiler ready to be painted and it looks about identical but what body line are you referring? I'm a little concerned with the flushness gainst the body but from what I've seen the cheapo ST spoilers look pretty good properly painted and not plasti-dipped which seems to show off the imperfections more.
I also have the mid wing but I want a bit of warmer weather before I install that.
I wouldn't be too worried about the small gaps on the sides. It's barely noticeable from the pictures detailing it on here. Take the spoiler to a good shop, make sure to tell them to level it out before spraying it (aka spend the extra $75~ on labor) and it'll look great! Frankly, I'm surprised the Chinese remans are as close as they are!

#4,911 ·
I have the faux ST spoiler ready to be painted and it looks about identical but what body line are you referring? I'm a little concerned with the flushness gainst the body but from what I've seen the cheapo ST spoilers look pretty good properly painted and not plasti-dipped which seems to show off the imperfections more.
I also have the mid wing but I want a bit of warmer weather before I install that.